Likes Likes:  241
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ««««««««« WRUW - Saturday - 23 January 2021 »»»»»»»»»

Maintenance day. My rotation has missed a quartz beater, since my son hijacked my Sinn UX. Had to retrieve my retired Citizen Promaster, which needed a new battery. Bought this way back in Thailand as 30th birthday present alongside a PADI OWD course.

Felt like changing my Speedy from C&B to iyonk.

Sent from Maxwell Smart’s shoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasio View Post
    Maintenance day. My rotation has missed a quartz beater, since my son hijacked my Sinn UX. Had to retrieve my retired Citizen Promaster, which needed a new battery. Bought this way back in Thailand as 30th birthday present alongside a PADI OWD course.

Felt like changing my Speedy from C&B to iyonk.

Sent from Maxwell Smart’s shoe.
    That looks amazing!

3. Likes Fantasio, gnuyork liked this post
    Cheeky trip down to the florida Keys. @Samanator was right though - very, very boring ride. Lovely scenery though - I'll come back Name:  20210123_134547.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  54.2 KBName:  20210123_140752.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  63.3 KBName:  20210123_121647.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  59.3 KBName:  20210123_121116.jpg
Size:  64.5 KB
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by hayday View Post
    Rotating the collection?

Sorry - couldn't help it

6. Likes hayday liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Cheeky trip down to the florida Keys. @Samanator was right though - very, very boring ride. Lovely scenery though - I'll come back Name:  20210123_134547.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  54.2 KBName:  20210123_140752.jpg
Size:  63.3 KBName:  20210123_121647.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  59.3 KBName:  20210123_121116.jpg
Size:  64.5 KB
    Could be worse--traffic getting out there can be truly horrible, but probably significantly less right now because the pandemic is limiting tourists.

Nice! Did you drive all the way to end? And how is the Sub performing, have you checked the accuracy?

Last February we did a few road trips from Miami, it sure was a long drive to Key West and back. Another one of our visits was Kennedy Space Center, I highly recommend if you have time.

Cheeky trip down to the florida Keys. @Samanator was right though - very, very boring ride. Lovely scenery though - I'll come back

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Could be worse--traffic getting out there can be truly horrible, but probably significantly less right now because the pandemic is limiting tourists.

You would think the pandemic would be limiting tourists but, sadly, it is not. My wife sees countless people in her clinic who are demanding rapid COVID tests so they can travel. Never understimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

10. Likes popoki nui, CFR liked this post
    You would think the pandemic would be limiting tourists but, sadly, it is not. My wife sees countless people in her clinic who are demanding rapid COVID tests so they can travel. Never understimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.
    Maybe some are thinking it's their last chance to see some places that they have always wanted to go to plus might be the only time the fam might be together to do this , I would not chance it but seem's some would whose to say who may be right ... But still don't excuse bad manners thou does it .. One of my pet peves bad manner /rudeness /selfishness's but that is the way of the world now which cause me some sadness as I try to not think can't beat them so join them but don't think it's in my nature. As would like to think was brough up the right way
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

12. Likes popoki nui liked this post

I mean Turkey has bad covid and so does miami. Doesn't make a massive difference I don't think, though I won't defend my choice. Plus I HAD to come.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasio View Post
    Nice! Did you drive all the way to end? And how is the Sub performing, have you checked the accuracy?

Last February we did a few road trips from Miami, it sure was a long drive to Key West and back. Another one of our visits was Kennedy Space Center, I highly recommend if you have time.
    Haven't checked accuracy at all! Rarely bothered as long as it's thereabouts.

Couldn't make it the whole way and back in a day - I'll stay over next time (didn't want to double pay for a hotel and my luggage doesn't fit on my back blah blah blah). Got half way - the one after islamorada I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Miami is choca full of tourists from closed states. Traffic was bad but I could filter on the bike!
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

14. Likes happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    Miami is choca full of tourists from closed states.

I’m almost shocked that everything seems to be open and running more or less as normal.