Likes Likes:  28
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The German Chat Thread

The German Chat Thread

Is like to start this thread to provide a place for general discussion and questions about all watch things German.

Some initial ideas for conversation:

What do you like about German watches?

What direction would you like to see German watchmaking go?

What comes to mind when you think about German watchmaking?

What are the strengths and weaknesses of German watchmaking or German watch brands?
    Last edited by FuzzyB; Aug 13, 2015 at 06:42 PM.

2. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    well I know the basic about this but have wonder what was thought on the quality and longevity of it what other general info could be about it never thought to post to here
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    well I know the basic about this but have wonder what was thought on the quality and longevity of it what other general info could be about it never thought to post to here
    Ismy, that post brings up a great point. Other than the few major German brands, it is often difficult to find much information on many German watches. I admit that I have only seen pictures of that brand, but have no knowledge about the background of the watch. It makes you wonder how many similar brands are out there and, more interestingly, what the story is behind those brands.

yes I was I did not have a clue about them it was green and big so thought yeah so look it up to price it and such but there was a couple of bay sales and not much more so I could price it but not much else have been curious of it since
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

Just seen a trailer for a new Dad's Army film and I'm ....perplexed. On many grounds

might even try and hunt up some info on that watch and do a thread then if it some thing of interest
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    might even try and hunt up some info on that watch and do a thread then if it some thing of interest
    I'd be curious. That thing looks like it's built like a tank.

Would it be wrong to include Habring in the German watch forum? Habrings are beautiful, but they don't get much love since nobody has an Austrian watch forum.

I had this lovely blue chronograph, but foolishly sold it. That is one of the few watches I truly regret selling.

ck1109's new Habring just reminded me how much I miss that watch. And because it is so nice, here's a picture of ck1109's Habring.

10. Likes ck1109 liked this post
    What German watches are you currently lusting after? Me? I have a few.

Damasko. I'm just not sure which one. I am leaning towards a lumed dial model at the moment.

Dornbluth. Any of them would do. Oddly enough, I really like the looks of their center seconds model.

Hentschel. Yes, please. Any of the, would serve nicely. I'm not sure if I'd prefer a stainless case or a bronze. I'm not quite sold on the idea of a bronze cased watch that isn't a diver. Which makes my next entry a bit of a head-scratcher even to me.

Archimede bronze flieger. The irony of my above statement does not escape me. Something about bronze with that dial just works.

Does anyone here focus only on German watches? I think a third to half of my mechanical watches are German.

I know there are quite a few people that collect Russians, Japanese, or Chinese watches, and others that think only Swiss watches are good enough to wear, but I don't know too many people who focus solely on Germans.