Likes Likes:  28
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The German Chat Thread

Those markers look lovely on that Nivrel. It's quite a lovely watch all around.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    Those markers look lovely on that Nivrel. It's quite a lovely watch all around.
    Trying to imagine it on a rich brown strap

And, then, on my wrist

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Trying to imagine it on a rich brown strap

And, then, on my wrist
    Me, too. Well, on my wrist anyway.

I have yet to figure out why brands are so eager to label a watch as a man's or lady's watch. Let the customer decide.

35mm is too big for my wife, but not so small that it is something I wouldn't consider wearing.

I had to laugh recently when a reviewer was calling the new Omega White Side of the Moon a woman's watch because it had s white strap. 1) Why is white a feminine color? and 2) does he not know how to change a strap?

4. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Yeah the other day I was holding a 35mm watch and then pictured it on a female friend's wrist and suddenly it looked huge (and consequently totally the wrong size for its gracious style)

Once again looking at the manual Junghans Meister, such a perfect size 37.7mm x 7.3mm - and cursing them for omitting minute markers

A watch's beauty isn't inhibited by minute markers!

*picks next photo in Downloads folder*

I think the minimalist design of the Junghanns works well. However, they have clearly demonstrated that they can use minute markers without cluttering up the dial, so it would have been interesting to see what they would have done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    I think the minimalist design of the Junghanns works well. However, they have clearly demonstrated that they can use minute markers without cluttering up the dial, so it would have been interesting to see what they would have done with it.
    The seem quite happy on the dials of the automatic Meisters. It's as if the thinking is that a manual with a subdial can only be part of a very leisurely atmosphere

Still, saving me money.

A watch's beauty isn't inhibited by minute markers!

Agreed, but if I imagine that one with minute markers it doesn't look so nice.

Piaget often take my breath away with their snow-pure dials, and the Junghans has something of that.

Name:  Piaget-G0A29112.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  37.8 KB

But you do sometimes have to wait a few minutes to set them...

Do Sinn do, as it were, a watch which plays Explorer to the U1's Submariner?

Do Sinn do, as it were, a watch which plays Explorer to the U1's Submariner?
    Guess 556 is probably closest (even if more pilot feel than field)