Likes Likes:  92
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyclists - what do you guys ride? And, perhaps the better question - where?

I am in Marin County, birthplace of the mountain bike.

So many trails here I have lost count on which ones I have ridden and which ones still need to be explored........
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

2. Likes OTGabe, thewalrus liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by thewalrus View Post
    When did you write for Triathlete?
    1999, when Dan Empfield (of Quintana Roo and later Slowtwitch) was influential in its management. At the time, I was active on the Hard-Core Bicycle Science list and Rec.bicycles.tech and well known to guys like Dan, Mark Hickey, Damon Rinards, Gerard Vroomen (of Cervelo), Jobst Brandt (recently RIP) and Sheldon Brown (also RIP). I've stored the four longer articles I wrote here: http://www.rickdenney.com/triathlete...e_articles.htm

Rick "now a fat, lazy watch geek" Denney
    More than 500 characters worth of watches.

4. Likes thewalrus, gnuyork liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    certainly gone a long way - was reminded of the earlier days of le Tour when the riders rode with the inner tubes worn like bullet belts - love the Tour , probably my most favourite sporting event of all time and without doubt the hardest endurance comp ever - quite disgusted to watch a supreme athlete wearing the yellow jersey being spat in the face on a climb Attachment 28416Attachment 28417 love this character in the hooped shirt from the tour in 1905 - check out the handlebars
    Those are awesome bikes. Look a lot like Henry Krinkel's actually… I've always watched the Tour from afar - but have a ton of respect for what those guys do. Anyone's who's cycled knows how hard hill climbs are - and seeing those guys tear up and down the hills of France is pretty crazy. Trek tours offers a chance to cycle the Pyrenees along the same classics route that they take. The two week trips is broken down into one day trips, any of which I'd be pretty proud of being able to complete on its own.

6. Likes shameless liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdenney View Post
    1999, when Dan Empfield (of Quintana Roo and later Slowtwitch) was influential in its management. At the time, I was active on the Hard-Core Bicycle Science list and Rec.bicycles.tech and well known to guys like Dan, Mark Hickey, Damon Rinards, Gerard Vroomen (of Cervelo), Jobst Brandt (recently RIP) and Sheldon Brown (also RIP). I've stored the four longer articles I wrote here: http://www.rickdenney.com/triathlete...e_articles.htm

Rick "now a fat, lazy watch geek" Denney
    Whoa that's really cool - thanks a bunch for the link, too.

My Wilier Road Bike.

Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

Neither of these are my pics but these are my bikes.
    Name:  Coda Comp..jpg
Views: 94
Size:  72.3 KB

Name:  main-guv-nor.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  55.8 KB

10. Likes CamB, cheapie, gnuyork liked this post
    I have a Peugot from 1985, one of their first chromoly frames and it weighs less than most top tier bikes today. I've done lots of upgrades as well. For the trail, one of the original Treks before they became mainstream.

I've been looking at the BMC SLR03...anyone have any experience with it?

I'm a casual weekend rider, not too far or too fast...just a jaunt around the hood for a couple of hours a few times a month.

12. Likes cheapie liked this post
    Back in the younger years, I got one of the first mountain bikes, a Schwinn High Sierra. Then upgraded to a Ritchey Ascent Comp. After that, moved into a Celo Europa road bike. Raced USCF as a junior for several years. Had a Faggin, a Ciocc, then a Colnago after the Celo. I had an issue with breaking frames and that got tiresome and expensive, so I bought a Bridgestone MB3 and got back into mountain bikes. I built up an Access HT with Marzocchi z2 Bam shocks, then got out of cycling and got fat. I recently decided to do something about it and bought a used hybrid to get back into it and drop some weight. Here's my GT Transeo...

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
    "Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things." - George Carlin

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapie View Post
    Back in the younger years, I got one of the first mountain bikes, a Schwinn High Sierra. Then upgraded to a Ritchey Ascent Comp. After that, moved into a Celo Europa road bike. Raced USCF as a junior for several years. Had a Faggin, a Ciocc, then a Colnago after the Celo. I had an issue with breaking frames and that got tiresome and expensive, so I bought a Bridgestone MB3 and got back into mountain bikes. I built up an Access HT with Marzocchi z2 Bam shocks, then got out of cycling and got fat. I recently decided to do something about it and bought a used hybrid to get back into it and drop some weight. Here's my GT Transeo...

Welcome to IWL.

Jeannie
    The adventures of Bob the Traveling Watch

. . . . . . . . . .

15. Likes cheapie liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapie View Post

Hi Cheapie! Glad to see you over on this side of the fence. Another friendly familiar face from the old place.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

17. Likes cheapie liked this post