Likes Likes:  92
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Cyclists - what do you guys ride? And, perhaps the better question - where?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    Yep, for the most part, we can enjoy cycling and all outdoor activities all year 'round. The rainy season can be a bit challenging, but it doesn't last long. There is an excellent system of bike trails and paths, especially in the Greater Victoria area, and we're really cycle-friendly here. And yeah....the scenery is pretty nice.
    If you do move here, I'm sure you'll love it.

~S.

Back in '71 a couple of friends and I were midway through a weeklong ride and were headed north to Nanaimo to catch the ferry to Vancouver. We stopped in Duncan for lunch. We picked up some grub at a local store and headed for a place to eat. Since we weren't going far we were carrying the grub by hand instead of stowing it. About 100yds from the store two of the bags gave up the ghost and spilled the grub all over the road. Thus Duncan came to be known amongst us as Duncan of the Bad Bags. Hope they've improved their baggage since…

Слава Україні! 🇺🇦

2. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    My hope is to eventually stop using a car in order to get to and and from the local places...

...In the meantime I'm dealing with this...just a few parts and some tweaks to go and then it's off to the school parking lot till I reclaim a little skill. I started riding a few months ago but stopped because shifting was terrible. I finally figured out the bike shop didn't do a very good job choosing parts for the slight upgrade I wanted over the OEM build so I got some new stuff and am doing it myself.

Name:  bike.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  68.0 KB

After several years I finally brought my early 1990s Specialized Allez back from the East Coast. It's not fancy, but it's probably one of the last lugged steel frames offered by a major manufacture. I'll keep as many original parts as I can so nobody wants to steal it. This is the same as mine save for different colored tape and a San Marcos Rolls saddle:

Name:  Allez.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  80.4 KB

When I'm done it'll look a little like a Rivendell bike after adding fatter tires and and a stem that's higher than the seat. I'll probably add a set of Shimano's new ST-A070 7 speed shifters so I don't die trying to use the downtube ones. Pretty cool of Shimano to offer some affordable backward compatible equipment for a change.
    Last edited by ljb187; Aug 20, 2015 at 02:17 AM.

4. Likes cheapie, popoki nui liked this post