Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For ALL you GS Lovers

For ALL you GS Lovers

Thought I'd share this smoking deal from Joe @ AzFineTime

The SBGA111 pays tribute to the introduction of the Seiko Spring Drive 9R caliber in 2004. The dial's pattern is symbolic of the Japanese kanji symbol for the number ten, which looks similar to a cross or "+" sign, with the square panels in between exposing a subtle GS logo. This criss crossed lattice pattern also has a narrowing panel towards the center of the dial expressing the look of an actual number "10" as the smaller squares meet the larger ones. At the 10 minute marker, you will instead find the Grand Seiko lion logo, again expressing the 10th Anniversary of the Seiko Spring Drive 9R. Engraved on the inside of the bezel is "Caliber 9R 10th Anniversary Since 2004". Limited to only 1,500 pieces for the world, the SBGA111 is an amazing example of Seiko's very special Spring Drive movement.

Special Situation Sale:

SBGA111 - MSRP $5,000 -
    Buy Now for $2,995

Please call us at 1-800-486-3996 to order today!
    Last edited by watchdaddy1; Aug 14, 2015 at 03:01 PM.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

2. Likes I-B liked this post
    Man, for anyone wanting a GS or Spring Drive or both...somebody should jump on this!

If I could get over that dial, I'd jump on it. I'm guessing that is one of the reasons for the great deal. If they were selling Snowflakes or the Blizzard for that price, my credit card would already be recovering from getting ripped from my wallet.

Blog Entries
    Two grand off! That's a really good deal. Shame I don't like the watch.

Yea not the biggest fan of the dial but then again never seen it in person. Might look a lot better in real life. With that said, Wouldn't chance it to buying without seeing it first.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by -JP View Post
    Yea not the biggest fan of the dial but then again never seen it in person. Might look a lot better in real life. With that said, Wouldn't chance it to buying without seeing it first.
    Power reserve on the dial kills it for me.

It's pretty impressive in person.
    I was there last weekend.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

It doesn't look better in person. It's detailed, yes, but it's a mess and the engraved rehaut looks cheap.

When I got my Snowflake, it was between it and the SBGA109, which has the same dial as the 111. I didn't feel the 109 was worth the extra money, and the design disaster of it made the decision easier.

Saw it a couple of months ago at the NYC Boutique. Dial didn't look any better in person...

I do like the watch, but mostly for its retro-crankiness. I'd have to see it, though.