Likes Likes:  5
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: **** I was thinking Seiko ****

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Seiko sells Seiko dials?
    well always assumed that ? not that am sure if not you would think seiko would be saying something ?

but yeah be interesting to know
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    well always assumed that ?

It seems highly unlikely to me. I doubt that any watch manufacturer would do more than supply dials to authorised service agents. Movements and other parts may be supplied to trade suppliers like Cousins.

hmm possible mean take the comex out their at the minute being built from all seiko parts bit more then a project maybe ?

The Seiko mod community is HUGE . Check out IG when u have like 15 hrs to spare

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    It seems highly unlikely to me. I doubt that any watch manufacturer would do more than supply dials to authorised service agents. Movements and other parts may be supplied to trade suppliers like Cousins.
    possible but modding become very popular have you seen some of the prices for some of the dials we are taking the price of some whole seiko watches say a snk mil five for example

i know some are not official one guy takes the old sk type dial and does paint jobs on them . but sure seen some official ones too so yeah just never thought of that side of it might take a look see at some point but you would think seikos getting a kickback at some level ?
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    Difficult question, Ismy.

As a matter of principle, a watch branded Seiko (or any other brand) wich did not come from the manufacturer is, at best, a franken and often a fake. On the other hand, It seems the community has become more and more tolerant when it comes to reprehensible business practices (yes, it's an euphemism ) which is really sad.

However, there are some modders offering nice products and there are lots of parts available to the skilful hobbyist and that is great. Would I buy a modded piece still showing the original branding? No. Would I buy a modded piece based on a current production model but not branded and/or showing an original/different branding? Probably yes.
    yes been a sterile dial fan for some time but some of the yatchtime seikos are very tempting
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

6. Likes CFR liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by watchdaddy1 View Post
    The Seiko mod community is HUGE . Check out IG when u have like 15 hrs to spare

yeah always looking at seiko mods quite additive in away
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

8. Likes watchdaddy1 liked this post
    yeah always looking at seiko mods quite additive in away
    Had my 777 Turtle bezel moded to a fade.

People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

Quote Originally Posted by watchdaddy1 View Post
    Had my 777 Turtle bezel moded to a fade.

prices seem all over the place too mean i sold one of my seiko mods way too soon it did badly when sold about hmmm must have been two years ago it was my almost iwl color one the prices now reckon i could have got double for it if not a bit more now

its very in vogue at the mo modding is compaired to like a couple of years back parts are way easier and cheaper to get , and sell prices once done seem a lot higher too
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

11. Likes watchdaddy1 liked this post
    slightly of track their even a company think called tinylogos that prints 3d dial logos like 50 for £95 that are self adhesive and can stick to a dial was tempted to do an iwl one till saw the price
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

prices seem all over the place too mean i sold one of my seiko mods way too soon it did badly when sold about hmmm must have been two years ago it was my almost iwl color one the prices now reckon i could have got double for it if not a bit more now

its very in vogue at the mo modding is compaired to like a couple of years back parts are way easier and cheaper to get , and sell prices once done seem a lot higher too

The vogue will die down again I believe, I remember YEARS ago is was THE thing to do. But then again it might just be here to stay . Some SICK talent out there when we're talking bout mods SEIKO in particular . I love the look of some , some are way to ostentatious but they have their niche

on their behalf.....

William

Member#842