Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Date sets in position 0 - should I care?

Date sets in position 0 - should I care?

Just received a cheap (new) watch in the mail which seems fine aside from the fact that that crown only pulls out one position and you can set the date without pulling the crown out at all. It’s a Seiko mecha quartz movement.
    Obviously the fact that that watch isn’t perfect is annoying, but given that it came from China I don’t really want to have to return it.
    Are there any downsides to the fault I’ve described other than it being a bit annoying?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sounds like the stem is out of position you got any pics now is it a seiko or just using a seiko movement be tempted to open pull and reset the crow/stem to see if it helps ..but sounds similar to my issues with the timex q time ..if cheap enough would say nah just use the hell out of it
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Date sets in position 0 - should I care?

Cheers ISMY - yeah not a Seiko, just Seiko inside

Last edited by whatmeworry; Feb 9, 2021 at 02:06 PM.

looks nice is it the vk64 ? heard mixed things about that movement ?
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

Yeah I think it is. Seems fine other than the crown

yeah think that was the consensus from memory the chrono was fine it was problems off the stem, with I do think setting issues but can't remember what they was I had one in a mwc watch (not eaglemoss ) and that had the 64 but found it fine so yeah ..just sounds out of line so the tinker in me would pull the stem out and try resetting it
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

7. Likes CFR liked this post
    Annoying, but I’d live with it.

I’ve never had a problem with the mecha-quartz movements. Maybe the problem is more to do with the build of the watch than the movement.

9. Likes whatmeworry liked this post
    Yes, it's annoying, but I woud keep it. As Ismy mentioned above, I would open the watch and would try to play a bit with the stem.

A bit off-topic: a friend got three automatic watches from Ali (not from this "brand" - with different colour bezel inserts) and all had issues. We mixed the parts and, from the three flawed pieces we managed to "build" one usable watch. Still inexpensive and much less trouble than sending them back. Guess that's not unsual when it comes to "Ali & Co"
    Last edited by CFR; Feb 9, 2021 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    Yes, it's annoying, but I woud keep it. As Ismy mentioned above, I would open the watch and would try to play a bit with the stem.

A bit off-topic: a friend got three automatic watches from Ali (not from this "brand" - with different colour bezel inserts) and all had issues. We mixed the parts and, from the three flawed pieces we managed to "build" one usable watch. Still inexpensive and much less trouble than sending them back. Guess that's not unsual when it comes to "Ali & Co"
    TBH this is I think my 5th is watch from Ali and the first I’ve had any problem with.
    As suggest by others I think I’ll live with it, but maybe tinker with the stem in a few years when it needs a battery change.

Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    TBH this is I think my 5th is watch from Ali and the first I’ve had any problem with.
    As suggest by others I think I’ll live with it, but maybe tinker with the stem in a few years when it needs a battery change.

things is it might sort it self out over time when you pull it out one time it might just snag into place once had one like that I had to pull it really hard and it clicked and I thought oh bugger think done damage but it work better after that so yeah ....
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

13. Likes whatmeworry liked this post