Likes Likes:  6

Thread: ****Whats ismy fixing now ****

****Whats ismy fixing now ****

so yeah well ant done a fix it thread in a good while and guess I ant with this one

As just a strip down clean and new battery these you see on the bay a lot but not much on g'shock forums as they say unsex but now a days they are general given to the grandkids as this ones from 1995. it was kinda cool as it had the original strap and clasp those are being clean so for now it will be on a new nato. will up pics of that tomorrow. so just a quick strip down and look inside for now

Name:  DSCF2221.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  141.2 KBName:  DSCF2222.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  114.9 KBName:  DSCF2225.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  160.2 KBName:  DSCF2227.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  159.8 KBName:  DSCF2230.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  143.8 KBName:  DSCF2231.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  124.0 KB

so that is a bg-141 baby g'shock

As always ismy
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

2. Likes rodia77, popoki nui liked this post
    think was going to do diff threads each time but think might just keep adding them here

well the pics as promised of the bg 141

sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

Name:  DSCF2360.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  87.1 KB

Was suppose to get a joblot today never turn up so took a re-look at the dw 9052 did have pics of that but as strip it again no point upping the old ones, so first time round I clean and strip it partly down and put a new battery in it worked except for the top right button .

well part strip it a couple of times (well took the module out looked at it tested the contact and points look fine just did not want to know so..

Anyway had some free time this evening so I completely strip it down (well not to removing the LCD from it's mounting but in splitting the module down to the three main pieces the circuit board , battery set up and lcd screen and mounting, plus module mounting and rubber protector could not see anything wrong anywhere.

Name:  DSCF2363.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  107.9 KB
    Name:  DSCF2364.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  59.4 KBName:  DSCF2365.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  104.1 KB

So yeah put it back together thou oh well. fam was looking at it and I start to show them where and how it should do things and well it did them so yeah fully working but not sure why it was not before. but guess who cares right... it's working now

Name:  DSCF2367.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  86.6 KB

As always ismy
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

5. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    ok this time another ladies watch a BG 170 from around 2000 in very good shape just very minimal clean I did a few days back was waiting for a cr1620 I had to order arrived today so yeah just a quick battery swap out was all that it needed so one more back up and running

Name:  DSCF2392.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  83.9 KBName:  DSCF2393.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  101.2 KBName:  DSCF2394.jpg
Size:  91.3 KBName:  DSCF2396.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  101.1 KB

will do a wrist pic tomorrow did one today but bit to light from the flash ..
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

7. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    ok another ladies watch a msg-133 from around 2000 this came today and took a cr1620 too, this one is in good shape well the watch head the strap sorta fell off it so keep the buckle and binned the rest of it. Again just a lightly clean new battery and a replacement strap and it's good to go

will show on a strap tomorrow now
    Name:  DSCF2403.jpg
Size:  122.6 KBName:  DSCF2404.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  121.9 KBName:  DSCF2405.jpg
Size:  129.8 KBName:  DSCF2408.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  112.2 KBName:  DSCF2410.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  112.3 KB

sharky
    rest easy good buddy

9. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    As someone who also likes to tinker/service/rebuild/restore, I'm totally digging these posts, ismy!

~Sherry.
    Last edited by popoki nui; Feb 20, 2021 at 02:04 PM. Reason: spelling
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    As someone who also likes to tinker/rservice/ebuild/restore, I'm totally digging these posts, ismy!

~Sherry.
    ah thanks mate

Well got a very used and abused gulfman incoming that ended up as someone project but from the listing hmm think they may have made it worse then when they bought it to fix themselves so yeah might just end up as spare parts so yeah guess we will see

Well got one or is two left from the last joblot one was just a outside clean as had issue with the hands in listing but seems fine to me just one of those casios that are a bugger to set maybe
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    ok another ladies watch a msg-133 from around 2000 this came today and took a cr1620 too, this one is in good shape well the watch head the strap sorta fell off it so keep the buckle and binned the rest of it. Again just a lightly clean new battery and a replacement strap and it's good to go

will show on a strap tomorrow now
    Name:  DSCF2403.jpg
Size:  122.6 KBName:  DSCF2404.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  121.9 KBName:  DSCF2405.jpg
Size:  129.8 KBName:  DSCF2408.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  112.2 KBName:  DSCF2410.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  112.3 KB

with strap

or this

Last edited by is that my watch; Feb 20, 2021 at 10:29 AM.
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

well mens this time but for some strange reason most the pics did not come out well so only got the none working vs working but hey if I get another one ( good chance seem's to be quiet a few around in joblots at the mo ) will do it again probably would have anyway as each fix is a stand alone really ant it.

Yes this is a mens WV-58u it was in a bit of a state needed a good clean and screen needed a lot of work so yeah but it just needed a new battery to get it going lovely so yes found a old casio strap not sure what off but fits it well so will do wrist pic tomorrow .
    Name:  DSCF2400.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  98.2 KBName:  DSCF2401.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  109.8 KB

sharky
    rest easy good buddy

14. Likes popoki nui liked this post