Likes Likes:  23
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: **** Timex which are the best model's ****

**** Timex which are the best model's ****

I have had a few Timex but would not have much clue about them well modern ones that is next to say Casio had tons of them strip and repaired modded them all sorts, now Timex had both vintage and modern in this instance just thinking digital models for this thread.(but if you want to widen it to all. so be it ) Ironman and the like LCD versions etc etc what do you like, own, want, tell me more ? any cool ones to look out for funky models etc etc ... good prices feature coolness factor so enlighten me to the world of Timex modern

was looking at this one above just because it was fun and cheap but in red any good ?
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Well put a cheap offer in one of the a above suppose to be new with out tags
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

I like many of the Expedition models. I had one of these and couldn’t really fault it -

Name:  98F9D492-3C39-4D1B-A560-5C709AED4B12.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  54.1 KB

apart from the base metal case.

4. Likes is that my watch, Sedi, hayday liked this post
    Well in tablet mode ant the minute so will up some of my expedition i had a bit later
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

I had one of these for a while, wore it as my yard work watch. It’s pretty robust with tide, temperature and compass functions. Well built and decent looking piece, too.

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    I like many of the Expedition models. I had one of these and couldn’t really fault it -

Name:  98F9D492-3C39-4D1B-A560-5C709AED4B12.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  54.1 KB

apart from the base metal case.
    had a few of this type as I said

but this one I keep so far came in a tat lot needed some work but a 90's one with original strap
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The Ironman Triathlon is certainly Timex’s most iconic digital watch. There have been scores of versions over the decades and many runners swear by them.

For anything other than a pure running watch, I prefer the Expedition series. (There are also many Expedition-like analog watches that Timex makes that are not sold under that name, but that’s Timex for you.)

The digital expedition models tend to be simple — chrono/alarm/timer/Indiglo functions in addition to time, day and date.

They often come with nylon and cloth strap options (a nylon strap model is shown above) which are very comfortable.

Here’s an unusual ABC version:

The analog Expedition models have a rugged, outdoor look to them — and most of them are nicely understated. Like most lower end Timex watches, they tend to have base metal cases and backs. They also have the excellent Timex Indiglo backlight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Likes is that my watch, Sedi, hayday liked this post
    Style wise I think their recent raiding of their back catalogue and collaborations with other brands have been really successful. Both these categories tend to be a little over-priced for what you get spec-wise, but they’re often distinctive and fun.

I have these 4 at the moment and like them all

They also just do basic simple designs really well IMHO

11. Likes is that my watch, Sedi, hayday liked this post
    All that said, the one I really covet at the moment is the Timex X Nigel Cabourn Survival watch. But it was expensive when it came out and it’s just stupid now.

13. Likes Kronos, hayday liked this post
    G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    All that said, the one I really covet at the moment is the Timex X Nigel Cabourn Survival watch. But it was expensive when it came out and it’s just stupid now.

I like its looks a lot. I couldn’t get past the awful WR for a “survival watch”. Someone at Timex was asleep at the switch for that one.