Name:  Laco_B3C.JPG
Views: 76
Size:  476.4 KB

Name:  20210225_063440.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  49.6 KB
    G-Shock: GW3000B-1A
    Rolex: Submariner 14060M
    Accurist: 1961 Shockmaster (Gold) & 1965 Shockmaster (Steel)
    Omega: Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00
    Meistersinger: Perigraph AM1002
    Ben Sherman: S489.OOBS
    Rotary: 1990 Quartz (Gold)
    Steinhart: Ocean GMT 39mm
    Certina: DS Super PH500M & DS PH200M
    Timex: MKI Mechanical

SPB153 - "Captain Willard" >>
    Name:  IMG_20210225_090016.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  68.6 KB

Blog Entries
    A sigh of relief for those tired of my deep dive into the memory swamp. My earliest watch at day 53 (in terms of acquisition date of those I still have, not actual age) would be this affordable Bucherer day-date (ETA 2836) that I purchased at the company shop in Lucerne in summer 1978, when I was returning from a month as a foreign student at the University of Strasburg. I had saved up about $100 in funds to buy a Swiss watch, and my grandmother told me Bucherer was a reputable dealer in Lucerne. I think I paid about 80 Swiss Francs for this, all my savings, and it was the cheapest watch in the shop. I wore it as my only watch for 6+ years until I my university research led me to purchase large quantities of very cheap digital watches (to give to subjects in sleep research experiments), after which I wore the leftovers until their batteries died. Replacement batteries were more expensive than those watches, so they went into the garbage. This funky 70s brown mechanical lived in a drawer for a decade or two after that, until my watch addiction resurfaced and I refurbished the old beast, about a dozen years ago. (Now of course, it’s on iyonk like many of the watches I plan to keep.)

Last edited by skywatch; Feb 25, 2021 at 06:41 AM.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    A sigh of relief for those tired of my deep dive into the memory swamp. My earliest watch at day 53 (in terms of acquisition date of those I still have, not actual age) would be this affordable Bucherer day-date (ETA 2836) that I purchased at the company shop in Lucerne in summer 1978, when I was returning from a month as a foreign student at the University of Strasburg. I had saved up about $100 in funds to buy a Swiss watch, and my grandmother told me Bucherer was a reputable dealer in Lucerne. I think I paid about 80 Swiss Francs for this, all my savings, and it was the cheapest watch in the shop. I wore it as my only watch for 6+ years until I my university research led me to purchase large quantities of very cheap digital watches (to give to subjects in sleep research experiments), after which I wore the leftovers until their batteries died. Replacement batteries were more expensive than those watches, so they went into the garbage. This funky 70s brown mechanical lived in a drawer for a decade or two after that, until my watch addiction resurfaced and I refurbished the old beast, about a dozen years ago. (Now of course, it’s on iyonk like many of the watches I plan to keep.)

That’s a great looking watch (especially on the iyonk) and a fitting end to your journey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes skywatch, gnuyork, iyonk liked this post
    Got a new NATO for my Tuna, my skinny wrists don’t get on so well with the rubber strap, this makes it much more comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A sigh of relief for those tired of my deep dive into the memory swamp.

I don't know, but as far as I'm concerned, I spent most of my stock of "Like"s here: Skywatch's countdown (intlwatchleague.com)

Now I need to get some more.
    Last edited by CFR; Feb 25, 2021 at 08:38 AM.

9. Likes skywatch, popoki nui, gnuyork, iyonk liked this post
    This has quickly become my new favourite - the good old Unitas 6498-1 has just gained 4-5 sec so far since Saturday.
    Cheers, Sedi

I’ve enjoyed your journey so thanks for making the effort to write up your history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

12. Likes skywatch, gnuyork, iyonk liked this post
    Just repaired and cleaned up this for someone. Shame I can’t keep it as it’s a little belter!