Likes Likes:  27
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SwAf watches

Quote Originally Posted by Strela167 View Post
    ..The pilot's paw is ace too
    He always lands the right way up
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!

2. Likes Der Amf, Strela167 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Strela167 View Post
    Good research there meij, cheers/

The pilot's paw is ace too
    Quote Originally Posted by OhDark30 View Post
    He always lands the right way up
    You guys didn't know cats were standard issue in the SwAf? That's how we stayed neutral all these years. If anyone is aggressive just present them with a kitten. Defuses any situation.

4. Likes OhDark30, Strela167 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by meijlinder View Post
    You guys didn't know cats were standard issue in the SwAf? That's how we stayed neutral all these years. If anyone is aggressive just present them with a kitten. Defuses any situation.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=mc...uhBsqtUYWXpcgM

OK, should have gone to the vid. heading....enjoy

6. Likes meijlinder liked this post
    Saw btw that there is a replica in the works for the SwAf Lemania. A swedish military history magazine called Pennan & Svärdet (the pen and the sword) has one in the works.

Apparently powered by the elusive Seagull ST1940. However I've read price will be close to $700....
    Name:  Viggenkronograf-Seagull_ST-1940_TY2940-screenshot.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  57.2 KB

video in Swedish: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjXlGCKP3oE but pics of the watch

8. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Is that the auto version?

Edit: *watches video*

Yes it is. Its reputation isn't, er, great

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Is that the auto version?

Edit: *watches video*

Yes it is. Its reputation isn't, er, great
    Guess there is a reason Seagull hasn't used it in any of their own watches. (at least that I know of)

Blog Entries
    I want the Lemania. And I'm a big fan of the Saab 9-3 Viggen. I want one of those too.

12. Likes OhDark30 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by meijlinder View Post
    Guess there is a reason Seagull hasn't used it in any of their own watches. (at least that I know of)
    Interesting. I have a Seagull manual chrono, and it broke almost immediately. I have been very wary of Seagull movements since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    I want the Lemania. And I'm a big fan of the Saab 9-3 Viggen. I want one of those too.
    It is really cool. Well, both of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Interesting. I have a Seagull manual chrono, and it broke almost immediately. I have been very wary of Seagull movements since then.
    The manual st19 is supposedly a lot more stable. Depending on who has checked and cased them. Have not heard many complaints on the 1963 chronos for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Am I right in remembering that the network of interstate roads built in the US after the war was designed to be able to land large military cargo planes?
    Quote Originally Posted by OhDark30 View Post
    Re US interstates, I must admit I'd not heard that one. Maybe one of our American friends can chip in.
    Good to hear your memories, m, and lucky you, getting a go in cockpits and sims :-)
    I was plane crazy too, and got excited by the sections of our motorway network built over old airfields, also seeing on tv the trials of the Jaguar on the new built M55
    Attachment 28859
    pic and more here
    I've never heard this about US interstate highways. I do know they were largely due to Lady Bird Johnson's push for the "Highway Beautification Act". Her thought was US highways were awash with billboards and roadside attractions and travelers couldn't see what the 'untouched' land of the state they were traveling in actually looked like. She pushed the interstates as highways free of billboard advertisements and tacky roadside attractions, more akin to a high speed trip down a country road. While her idea was a good one, it killed local tourism and mom & pop motels situated along the old federal and state highways. Now the interstates are far worse than the 'ugly' highways she complained of while the remains of the once prosperous small town attractions crumble on the roadside or are torn down for shopping centers.

Randy