Likes Likes:  22
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ratio - straps to watches

Ratio - straps to watches

Was organising my strap box yesterday (dividing up after width in different boxes) and got to counting..

Turns out there were around 50-60 straps, not counting some bracelets that are in the original watch boxes or the straps currently in use. So given my watch collection that leaves me with a ratio of about 3 straps to every watch. Mostly natos, but quite a few leather straps as well, with some canvas and mesh thrown in there.

How about the rest of you? Any "one watch - one strap"-people here or are everyone strap obsessed?

2. Likes geoffbot, CFR, iyonk, Nokie liked this post
    Ideally one watch, one strap (certainly the watches don't move off their straps once they've got them) but have two or three straps currently sad and forlorn, no one asking them to dance

Crikey. I have about 10 straps but only wear 5 of them really. 2:1, technically.

I usually settle on a strap and stick with it.

I keep a couple of spares, but I try to find a home for unwanted straps if they're unused or virtually unused. I sometimes include them with watch sales - whether the recipient wants them or not.

well got a shoe box of spare /unwanted strap a box with strap for watches I use on nato's but keep as the original straps for the watch and then my nato draw
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

I've got about 65 watches.Of them, approximately 60 have factory bracelets or straps, I'm particular that way, and then I have another10 or 15 factory bracelets, almost all Rado or Louis Rossel branded NSAs and SKs.

I am strap curious enough to consider using the Powermatic as an experiment.

Blog Entries
    Do NATOs even count? I mean, they're so cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Do NATOs even count? I mean, they're so cheap!
    Well Omegas nato isn't that cheap. And Chanel did a version with diamonds in the hardware for the J12.

11. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by meijlinder View Post
    Starting to think I might have a strap problem....
    I'm sure William will chime in and make you feel a whole lot better!

I would guess I'm at about a 2:1 ratio or maybe even a bit more. I usually buy my watches on the bracelet and add a strap option for each. Some watches have multiple options if a bracelet isn't available. Now that I think about it, maybe 3:1.

13. Likes CFR liked this post