Likes Likes:  82
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Furniture thread

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    I could post my furniture, but it would be deeply uninspiring.

It’s not fusty or bland, but I couldn’t say that it has a lot of character. For those in the UK, think ‘Oak veneer, leather, John Lewis’.
    Nothing wrong with Oak veneer, leather and John Lewis - let's see it!

this one was brown wood and pink velour 1970's telephone table can't find the before pics but if I do will re-up it

their are others but would have to dig for them in my pics but need to sort them so might up if I find them
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

3. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    found these when I cut back a couple of trees

so made a seat
    Very nice ISMY!

If I had to make a living with tools or anything creative like this, I'd be broke!

5. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by wschofield3 View Post
    Nothing wrong with Oak veneer, leather and John Lewis - let's see it!

It’s 6pm, the light has gone, and I may not remember tomorrow.

7. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    Very nice ISMY!

If I had to make a living with tools or anything creative like this, I'd be broke!
    always fantasise of having a little garage or space to do these sort of things a mate had a house where their back garden backed on to train tracks and he had a train hut left from those days at the bottom of the garden he used as a garage and always thought would make a banging little repair shop etc etc just the right distance from the house to make all the noise you wanted whenever you wanted
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

9. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    We have a very diverse mixture of old and new. Some of these are yet to be refinished and some will remain as is. None are antique and none are high end.

Jeanette is a huge Disney fan because at one time her and her mother both worked for the mouse. Her mother passed on many years ago so Disney stuff gives her memories a connection. Disney employees get to buy old stock that has been removed from hotels and the such and they often flip the stuff. We have a HEAVY aluminum 2 chair and table patio set that still looks new. This set of 4 chairs is around the breakfast table. the cushion is still very comfortable.

20210309_140530 by Chuck Miller, on Flickr

Various random tables:

20210309_140151 by Chuck Miller, on Flickr

20210309_140024 by Chuck Miller, on Flickr

This telephone table and seat still needs to find a place.

2021-03-09_02-35-22 by Chuck Miller, on Flickr

The liquor cabinet:

20210309_140012 by Chuck Miller, on Flickr

This chair (8 total) go with a double drop side dinner table.

20210309_140053 by Chuck Miller, on Flickr

This chair goes along with the solid color modern sofa/loveseat.

20210309_140702 by Chuck Miller, on Flickr

This is the current project. I am repurposing a 6 drawer bedroom dresser into a 1 drawer, 2 bookshelf, cushioned seat loft window reading bench. The dresser top has been cut down and lowered to become the seat, 5 drawers removed and the fronts reused to create the 2 book spaces. When all the holes are filled and everything well sanded it will be painted.

20210309_140335 by Chuck Miller, on Flickr
    Last edited by chuckmiller; Mar 9, 2021 at 06:36 PM.

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

11. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    It’s 6pm, the light has gone, and I may not remember tomorrow.
    Thank you for the inspiration for my next thread - memory enhancement!

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    always fantasise of having a little garage or space to do these sort of things a mate had a house where their back garden backed on to train tracks and he had a train hut left from those days at the bottom of the garden he used as a garage and always thought would make a banging little repair shop etc etc just the right distance from the house to make all the noise you wanted whenever you wanted
    Ha, I fantasize about having the talent to do such things, which I do not. I did refinish a couple of pieces n the past, but that was easy - just a quick sanding and a coat of paint or lacquer.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckmiller View Post
    We have a very diverse mixture of old and new. Some of these are yet to be refinished and some will remain as is. None are antique and none are high end.

Jeanette is a huge Disney fan because at one time her and her mother both worked for the mouse. Her mother passed on many years ago so Disney stuff gives her memories a connection. Disney employees get to buy old stock that has been removed from hotels and the such and they often flip the stuff. We have a HEAVY aluminum 2 chair and table patio set that still looks new. This set of 4 chairs is around the breakfast table. the cushion is still very comfortable.

20210309_140530 by Chuck Miller, on Flickr

Various random tables:

20210309_140151 by Chuck Miller, on Flickr

20210309_140024 by Chuck Miller, on Flickr

This telephone table and seat still needs to find a place.

2021-03-09_02-35-22 by Chuck Miller, on Flickr

The liquor cabinet:

20210309_140012 by Chuck Miller, on Flickr

This chair (8 total) go with a double drop side dinner table.

20210309_140053 by Chuck Miller, on Flickr

This chair goes along with the solid color modern sofa/loveseat.

20210309_140702 by Chuck Miller, on Flickr

This is the current project. I am repurposing a 6 drawer bedroom dresser into a 1 drawer, 2 bookshelf, cushioned seat loft window reading bench. The dresser top has been cut down and lowered to become the seat, 5 drawers removed and the fronts reused to create the 2 book spaces. When all the holes are filled and everything well sanded it will be painted.

20210309_140335 by Chuck Miller, on Flickr
    Very nice pieces - and great work on the refinishing! Really digging the liquor cabinet too.

Big Disney fans here as well, and I wonder where in Disney that chair came from as it looks very familiar, as in I probably sat on one of them familiar. I think it may have been at the Contemporary character breakfast many years back - but not 100% sure.

Very possibly, Walter. The patio set is from Yacht Club. The higher resorts are furnished with higher quality longer lasting furniture.

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

14. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    We are fans of 50-60's vintage style. Years back I inherited my grandfathers Lamino chair from the sixties. Wife liked it so much we bought another one for her birthday, since it's still in production. That was also some years ago, now we are shocked to see current prices.

Great chair to sit on, put your feet on the ottoman and read the newspaper on a weekend morning. My favourite by far. Otherwise our furniture is a mix of second hand vintage and Scandinavian minimalism.

So, what type of decor or furniture are you into? Curious to see as many prefer certain era's, styles and materials.

https://saltsmillshop.co.uk/products...m-for-swedesse

16. Likes gnuyork, wschofield3 liked this post
    blame wschofield3 for this one moved some stuff that had been sitting on top of this and it had gone yellow under them so the whole thing needs painting

so might just tweak it while doing it

stage one

cleaning sanding primer /undercoat ...

Name:  DSCF2699.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  91.6 KB

Name:  DSCF2701.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  78.1 KB

Name:  DSCF2703.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  91.6 KB

sharky
    rest easy good buddy

18. Likes wschofield3 liked this post