Likes Likes:  8
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vapaus

Not sure I'd call a company Vapaus. Sounds too much like a combination of vapid and vacuous. Although looking it up I find it's Finnish for freedom.

OK, go ahead - good name.

2. Likes whatmeworry liked this post
    I think I like them, but need to look at them some more. The idea of a grey handwinder certainly has an appeal and then size is spot on

And not as bad as Ophion, which someone commented in the linked w&w post means 'to the ass' in French
    You'd think people would check this stuff
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!

5. Likes whatmeworry, meijlinder, FuzzyB, geoffbot liked this post
    Like the dial, not so much the hands.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Blog Entries
    I like many things about this watch. Those hands impose a sort of clean technical angularity, and the sunburst dial looks deeply brushed, in a good way, I especially like the charcoal gray (if it turns out like that in real life.) Not sure what I think of the wire lugs. Generally I'm not a fan, but I could change my mind.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

I've been thinking about this watch on and off all day. My problem with it is that it rather than looking like an expression of a single artistic vision, it looks like its been designed by a thoughtful, well-meaning, diligent committee.

"Start with a slim, classy, sunburst" "really slim, lets only have printed indices" "lume, got to have lume these days" "lume at 12 3 6 9 and on the hands" "don't mess up those printed indices" "sure. But nice big bold hands, for character" "sounds good" "at this price point, date's essential" "best put at six o'clock, to maintain that classy symmetrical look" "date window's going to be bobbing out in the middle of the dial...." "pfff so does the one on the VC patrimonie" "really?!" "yeah" "how about some wire lugs, to give it a bit more individuality?" "mmmm, yeah, nice"

Give me some proper, dressy hands and I might be interested. Give me a dateless model, I might be even more interested. Although at least they appear to be using the same color for the date wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    I've been thinking about this watch on and off all day. My problem with it is that it rather than looking like an expression of a single artistic vision, it looks like its been designed by a thoughtful, well-meaning, diligent committee.

I thought it looked like one you could have done.