Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seven people dead after plane crashes on to cars during Shoreham air show

Seven people dead after plane crashes on to cars during Shoreham air show

http://gu.com/p/4bm6c?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Tapatalk

Know a few people from here may have gone so hope all okay.
    We're out of town for the day fortunately, ringing friends and family now to check all ok

2. Likes pepperami liked this post
    Sad times. I can hear sirens still.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

You posted a picture of Lancing College chapel just last week and now there's a photo of it with the explosion in front of it

Last edited by Der Amf; Aug 22, 2015 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post

http://gu.com/p/4bm6c?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Tapatalk

Know a few people from here may have gone so hope all okay.
    We're out of town for the day fortunately, ringing friends and family now to check all ok
    I used to teach in a school half a mile up the road and this is the first year I haven't been to Shoreham which is by far my favourite airshow. When the weather is hot like this I'd go and sit on the bank outside the Sussex Pad which is directly in front of where the Hunter crashed. I'm heartbroken for the poor sods who were just minding their own business on the A27, but knowing how the traffic is nose to tail on airshow days I can only assume that the Hunter skipped the Eastbound carriageway and the lights were red on on the West which possibly reduced the carnage. There are reports that the pilot survived, but I'd be surprised. Terrible, just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I used to teach in a school half a mile up the road and this is the first year I haven't been to Shoreham which is by far my favourite airshow. When the weather is hot like this I'd go and sit on the bank outside the Sussex Pad which is directly in front of where the Hunter crashed. I'm heartbroken for the poor sods who were just minding their own business on the A27, but knowing how the traffic is nose to tail on airshow days I can only assume that the Hunter skipped the Eastbound carriageway and the lights were red on on the West which possibly reduced the carnage. There are reports that the pilot survived, but I'd be surprised. Terrible, just terrible.
    On the video there's no sign of him ejecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    On the video there's no sign of him ejecting.
    To be honest I'd rather not discuss it. Th AIB will report what happened in due course. It's going to be the worst UK airshow crash since the prototype Sea Vixen at Farnborough. Ironically, Immediately after that crash, Neville Duke performed a display in a Hawker Hunter and was awarded the OBE for it.

All over the news. Awful.

Blog Entries
    Terrible tragedy.

Jeannie
    The adventures of Bob the Traveling Watch

. . . . . . . . . .

Blog Entries
    So sorry. There is a modicum of danger we seek with these air shows. Sadly it comes home to roost sometimes. During Fleet Week in San Francisco, the Blue Angels sometimes practice over our house near Ames/Moffett Field (Mountain View, CA) and it creeps me out a bit every time. It also fascinates me. They had a fatal crash a few years ago, out east - a very rare occurrence.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    So sorry. There is a modicum of danger we seek with these air shows. Sadly it comes home to roost sometimes.
    Yes. We lost a Golden Knight from nearby Ft Bragg last week at a Chicago Air Show. He'd survived five combat tours and been award two Bronze Stars.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/m...air-show-dive/

Jeannie
    The adventures of Bob the Traveling Watch

. . . . . . . . . .