Likes Likes:  246
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: WRUW March 25, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by watch carefully View Post
    Here is one I built with the gracious and expert help of our friend Henry...

Attachment 107013

The 1944 Hamilton 4992B movement powering this had previously been converted from 24- to 12-hour display, and sported a somewhat sad hand-painted custom dial. My vision for it was to create a custom dial, and Henry gamely volunteered to assist with design and printing.

We went thru several iterations over a handful of years (pretty low priority project, as you can imagine), and Henry even created bespoke hour numerals because nothing we found quite suited the vision.

Originally, these movements were cased in base metal cases that look like silver...mine had arrived in a gold-filled Mainliner RR-watch case. I wanted something more modern, so chose the Model 15 from Hamilton...also a RR case, but sleek and steel.

To show the movement, I obtained a second front bezel, which replaced the solid case back:

Attachment 107014

Some new blue hour and minute hands were added to the recipe and the ingredients were all sent off to a watchmaker here in Pennsylvania to create the stew.
    It came back running like a chronometer:

Attachment 107015

Many thanks to Hank, and to you for reading this far!
    Brad
    Wow...that's awesome! Great dial, and I love that caseback. Well done!

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

Quote Originally Posted by iyonk View Post
    i miss post this.. (very sorry ismy!)
    what i wear today..doesn't look good on the eyes, but fit the wrist so much better than the original strap..

have a great day to all the great people here...
    It looks just fine! And it's more comfortable for you as well, so it's all good. What is even better, is to see your posts, Iyonk. It isn't the same here without you.

~Sherry
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

3. Likes Kronos, gnuyork liked this post