Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ««««««««« WRUW - Wednesday - 19 August 2015 »»»»»»»»»

««««««««« WRUW - Wednesday - 19 August 2015 »»»»»»»»»

Good morning.

Name:  P8180005.JPG
Views: 196
Size:  363.3 KB

Have a great day.
    Last edited by CFR; Aug 19, 2015 at 01:22 AM.

Awesome start C! pretty hard to top that beauty hehehe..

making alternate strap for my Airboss.. i almost have to let this one go, but after getting a part time job, i could keep this one..
    one of my terrible looking strap, but this one is not to thick and very comfy..

Name:  DSCN1999.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  58.5 KB

Name:  DSCN1985.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  54.6 KB

Name:  DSCN1987.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  55.8 KB

have not got rid of the labeling on the back side... i can remove it latter f i want to..
    Name:  DSCN1990.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  49.5 KB

buckle side.. yeah, boring pose.
    Name:  DSCN1984.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  45.5 KB

hope we all have a fantastic day today guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Iyonk View Post
    Awesome start C! pretty hard to top that beauty hehehe..

making alternate strap for my Airboss.. i almost have to let this one go, but after getting a part time job, i could keep this one..
    one of my terrible looking strap, but this one is not to thick and very comfy..

Name:  DSCN1999.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  58.5 KB

Good morning Iyonk and thanks!

Good looking combo.

4. Likes iyonk, BillyR___ liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Lyonk, your "terrible looking" strap looks buttery delicious. You are very self-critical. (It must be a musician thing, I can relate.)

For me, I am thinking of a little rotation cycle of only German watches for the next week, as I just realized I have 7 German watches now. I'll alternate between recent and vintage, because... err why not? It's fun. Wednesday gets a return of the fresh catch and renewed 556A

Too many watches, not enough wrists.

Sponsoring an arts festival and tonight is the thank you party. It'll be Wednesday before I get home.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Please excuse the watch popping out of the cuff. Not too lazy to fix it, but much too lazy to take another photo.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

8. Likes iyonk liked this post
    I am torn between my new arrival
    and the Blackbay with its fab new strap. I also want to wear the MM300 so I can try the new strap for that too.
    Has to be 3 watch Wednesday then.

MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    Lyonk, your "terrible looking" strap looks buttery delicious. You are very self-critical. (It must be a musician thing, I can relate.)
    No Robert.. that exact strap was born handsome yesterday.. i was very proud of it..
    here's the proof
    Name:  DSCN1967.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  84.7 KB

Name:  DSCN1968.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  81.6 KB

complete with detail round edge that i was very proud of.. balance side stiches.. it was one of my best work..
    Name:  DSCN1974.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  43.0 KB

then the accident happened..
    Name:  DSCN1977.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  92.4 KB

during the fitting, the lug was rubbing and need some curving... long story short.. i mess up the whole project, my hand was slip, need to re-stitch (hard to opened the permanent stitch and re-hole) got stain in some part.. the more i try to fix it, the more i ruin it..
    i have so little material and since all the size and lenght is proper, i was havin a hard time to trash it..
    so finally, it end up with terrible lookin' cosmetic you saw.. well, it is what it is..

still i would give it some wrist time even though it got the look that only the mother could love =)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyonk View Post
    No Robert.. that exact strap was born handsome yesterday.. i was very proud of it..
    here's the proof (snip) still i would give it some wrist time even though it got the look that only the mother could love =)

See, that's just what I meant. You are working it too hard, just like a musician. A good improviser knows how to leave the small mistakes in place and eventually you appreciate the human element. So, you can send the strap to me in California and I'll Paypal you every penny you have into shipping and materials and your time, plus some. You are an artist who's mistakes are better than many people's successes. PM me, I mean it!
    Last edited by skywatch; Aug 19, 2015 at 03:49 AM.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

12. Likes iyonk, popoki nui, mlcor, shameless, JAGtime liked this post
    Thank you Robert... glad to meet and chat with you... it is always a pleasure to meet fellow musician hehehe..

yeah, i made my straps with passion and love... i personally love them and proud of them... yes, i have heard and meet people that don't like the look of my strap.. but its ok.. beauty is in the eye of the beholder hahaha... it is funny i can call them terrible and not feel insulted when other said its ugly.. i just enjoy it on the wrist with smile hehe.

14. Likes popoki nui liked this post