Likes Likes:  798
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ««««««««« WRUW - Wednesday - 19 August 2015 »»»»»»»»»

Breguet Marine at work today. Will be switching to the Nomos when heading to the airport. Sinn 356 will be tagging along as well in search of a bracelet.

Instagram: @tempocalypse

well not to be predictable or anything but hmmm a hmt for the morning well till I go out day 11 of 13 days of hmt wruw

Name:  PICT0007.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  40.0 KB
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Today Matthew , I'll mostly be wearing the Hamilto Khaki Echanical

Name:  hammy.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  64.2 KB

Today is the first day the heat hasn't been too strong for me to wear my watch.

Some beach photos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    B.-

Seagull for my day off

Quote Originally Posted by meijlinder View Post
    Last day of summer vacation for me. Tomorrow it's back to work after 5 and a half weeks off. Not sure what to do today. But starting the day with the Beijing pilot.
    Five and a half weeks off. I can't even fathom that. I don't think I've taken five and a half weeks off total in the past five years. I'm not proud of it. It's a sickness, I think, sadly and uniquely contracted by folks in the U.S.

8. Likes BillyR___, JAGtime, CFR liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Five and a half weeks off. I can't even fathom that. I don't think I've taken five and a half weeks off total in the past five years. I'm not proud of it. It's a sickness, I think, sadly and uniquely contracted by folks in the U.S.
    It's one of the best things about Sweden. 25 days off a year is governed in law (not including public holidays). You can't be denied 3 weeks continuous vacation during summer. I then have a couple more vacation days in my contract (total 30).

Out of the weeks I took now, one was compensatory leave since I had worked quite a few weekends and public holidays during spring. So still have days left for fall or winter.

Oh, and we of course also get payed during the vacation. Think France have more generous rules, but not many others.

(think there's a thread in the lounge on this topic)

10. Likes mlcor, JAGtime liked this post
    Here, with the exception of (unpaid!) mandatory leave for the birth of a child, there are no legal requirements. Most companies start employees with two weeks of vacation per year, and with seniority, it increases, but rarely beyond four weeks per year. Plus around ten other holidays.

Some companies allow you to carry over or get paid for unused vacation; others, like mine, are "use it or lose it."

Last edited by I-B; Aug 19, 2015 at 11:50 AM.