Likes Likes:  12
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ceramic Christopher ward c1000 mini review

Ceramic Christopher ward c1000 mini review

I'm out with my mate and he's just got a new watch. He's had a Christopher ward c9 dress watch on my recommendation, and recently they emailed him suggesting he buys this and he thought they were right. Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1439990091956.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  64.3 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1439990246149.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  53.3 KB

It's cool! 7750 I'd imagine but I'm busy right now so can't confirm. No running records or date. Titanium clasp so pretty light. £1k so pretty cheap for ceramic. 'Titanium subframe'. Strap is high density webbing but leather backed so pretty thick. I don't know why people leather back straps that would otherwise be breathable. 'Museum grade' sapphire crystal. 8/10. I dunno.

Edit: it is indeed a modified 7750. Case size is 42mm. Water resistance is 50m. Double anti reflective coated (both sides).
    Last edited by geoffbot; Aug 20, 2015 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Added a few specs
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

2. Likes germy liked this post
    Blog Entries
    I dig a good observation dial, and I love a chronograph, but no seconds hand kills me. Also, for whatever reason, a 12 and 6 subdial arrangement makes the watch look....unbalanced? Bare? I don't know, but something is off. Reasonably priced, sure, but it needs a running seconds.

4. Likes Seriously liked this post
    4 cut off numerals makes me shudder. Case looks nice tho
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

6. Likes Seriously liked this post
    It's not my watch so no one has to be nice; just thought it was an interesting piece mostly due to the ceramic.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    It's not my watch so no one has to be nice; just thought it was an interesting piece mostly due to the ceramic.
    Who's being nice?

No running seconds - big no from me

What the heck is 'museum grade' sapphire crystal?

Quote Originally Posted by thewalrus View Post
    Better than the sapphire on my Rodina, which I successfully chipped

Quote Originally Posted by thewalrus View Post
    Similarly confused, I had a quick Google.

Museum Glass® anti-reflection picture framing glass with Conservation Grade UV Protection is the best glazing option available for art, photographs and other important personal keepsakes. Along with its nearly invisible finish, it effectively blocks up to 99% of harmful indoor and outdoor UV light rays so framed pieces remain clearer and brighter for longer.

Blocks 99% of UV light - Conservation grade protection against 99% of harmful indoor and outdoor UV light rays
    Less than 1% light reflection - The lowest possible reflection rating available with UV protection
    Optical coating - Optical clarity for true colour transmission and the greatest colour neutrality
    Over 97% light transmission - Provides the highest brightness and contrast levels available

Nothing there about strength, though.

I think it's an interesting watch, kind of a poor mans IWC. The lack of a running seconds hand and the cut off numerals are buzzkill.