Last week, I picked up a used Sinn 556A, one of those watches that has long been on my radar screen. I had some success cleaning it up after some rough use by the previous owner.

Why are German watches so cool? I dunno, I have a fondness for Bauhaus era arts (more the Paul Klee approach than the architecture, to be honest) and some of my favorite iconic watches include the Junghans Max Bill and Glashutte Senator '60s... For reasons I can't explain I have a slight fetish for anything from Glashutte. So just for fun, I'll wrist share all 7 of my Germanics this week. Here they are:

And the first day of the cycle is dominated by the newcomer:

I'll keep the Nomos and the GuBs running all week for sure, because they have those annoying slow-set date wheels. At least the Nomos and Spezimatics have ones that change with a back/forth across midnight. The Cal 69.1 requires a full day's rotation for each date flip. Ugh, what a pain. Thank goodness for quickset dates!

I'll post back here occasionally to add a wrist shot or one-off portrait from my small humble collection. Feel free to thread-jack for lively conversation, I don't mind one bit.

Anyone else have a thing for Glashutte? Post your vintage or new ones if you wish!