Likes Likes:  220
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: WRUW Tuesday 13th. April

Quote Originally Posted by happyscrappyheropup View Post
    I'm with you. I see smaller brands doing it well and think it's an inexcusable error on the larger luxury brands.

While I'm complaining, can I touch on tool-less micro adjustment bracelets? Why do so many smaller companies and microbrands do this well when larger companies still aren't using them on much more expensive watches?
    Well, there I can name a few that are--my VC Overseas, Rolex's GlideLock, and the new Lange Odysseus.

Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    I succeeded! Got the big boy over to Animal Control, and my goodness he was a fighter. I suspect I'll be back to pick him up in about a week after they check his health and give him shots, and errr... snip.

Attachment 107536
    You've heard of Crocodile Dundee, now we have Kitten Skywatch.

3. Likes skywatch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    It will sometimes be laziness, but I don’t think it’s as clear-cut as that.

I lusted after this at one point, because of its date window. I loved the white rectangle against the black dial.

Attachment 107537

I was also pretty sure that it was a conscious design decision because Junghans used dial colour date windows on other models. My assumption was pretty much confirmed when Junghans brought out a white-faced model with a red date window.

Also, I can’t really imagine this with a black date window -
    Attachment 107538
    It would look a bit ‘prissy’ - not quite the right word, but the best one I can come up with right now.

A contrast date can look right, a dial colour date can look right - all depending on the watch.
    Oh, I agree that a white date window on a black or blue dial for contrast would be a conscious and acceptable solution--my Zenith Captain is that way, too. I'm thinking more about brands that make, for instance, a blue dial watch but still use a black date wheel, where the contrast still sucks plus the color doesn't match.

5. Likes happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    I'm thinking more about brands that make, for instance, a blue dial watch but still use a black date wheel, where the contrast still sucks plus the color doesn't match.

Gotcha.

7. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Gotcha.
    I'm split. Agree with mlcor but also dislike the white date (and cyclops) on a Sub ��