Likes Likes:  49
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Today I bought this" .. non-watch - this belongs in the lounge :)

The list I would add for stuff bought for the new house is fairly extensive. The highlights (at least for me); New Garage Door Opener (with WiFi), new Samsung fridge with a built in smart home tablet (has WiFi), new TV for the "Boys Room" and on order is a Generac Whole Home generator.

Quote Originally Posted by Mediocre View Post
    This is my first 30, I have rented 20 yard ones before. They usually get the job done with ease. I needed the extra height because I cut down some fair sized trees & bushes

If you are just doing a property clean up, a 20 yard one usually suffices. I know we used a 20 yard one to clean out a hoarder property as part of a community service project a few years ago
    I don't have 30 yards of junk, but they company recommended 30 because I have some busted up concrete from my old patio to add, which could get heavy. Mostly just that, and the demo of the master bathroom, and some garage clean out.

3. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mediocre View Post
    I have not figured out why some pics upload sideways. I take them all with my phone vertical
    It's a size thing. I always crop the picture at least a little bit, and then it's always loaded in the correct orientation.

5. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    Savagely Average
    This arrived in time for mother's day. My wife has wanted a sign Monty Don for quite some time, but they are elusive in the US. This one came from Christchurch in the UK! I am excited!

Name:  20210427_135841.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  85.6 KB
    Name:  20210427_135849.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  20.7 KB

7. Likes Strela167 liked this post
    Monty Don is known in America? There’s no reason why he shouldn’t be, but I’m surprised.

A charming and very likeable man.

9. Likes Mediocre, Spooky liked this post
    Savagely Average
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Monty Don is known in America? There’s no reason why he shouldn’t be, but I’m surprised.

A charming and very likeable man.

No clue how well he is known to the masses, but we enjoy BBC and gardening.

This showed up this morning. For those who don't know what a Klon (guitar pedal) is... think of it as the hyped like the Daytona. except it's not being made anymore and it's selling for well over 2000% MSRP last I checked.

I'm not good enough of a guitar player to justify spending the asking price for a real Klon.... but I really do want a one...there are several companies that make Klon clones (called Klones) and some are good in their own right, but don't quite nail it. To me, watching You Tube videos, this pedal comes as close as I have heard yet, and that's the buzz on the internet too.

Arrived from Spain by a guy who hand builds them one a at time, uses the same exact electrical components and meticulously checks the values of them and does A/B comparisons to his real Klon to match sound. I have not plugged it in yet because for all of my pedals I use 9volt batteries, but this is in a mini enclosure and no room for a battery. I'll need to get a power supply, which I should have done long ago for my other pedals...I only use one or two at a time though, but this one will likely be a permanent part of the sound.

Btw, the hype around these is real too. He has a limited time for open pre-orders (much like Time Factors), and I set it on my calendar, and when I checked, all of the colors were sold out, except this green, which is great because green was my first choice anyway....but I nearly missed getting one.

Last edited by gnuyork; Apr 30, 2021 at 04:56 PM.

12. Likes Mediocre, mlcor, tribe125, Spooky, Dimman liked this post
    That’s great, Joe!

I’m not a guitarist, but I do know what a Klon is, and I know why you wanted one.

Now get pally with Howard Dumble.

14. Likes gnuyork, Mediocre liked this post
    Savagely Average
    Porter Cable portable hammer drill, it uses the same battery as my other tools. Multiple brick or concrete drilling projects on the docket.

16. Likes gnuyork liked this post
    Last edited by Strela167; May 1, 2021 at 06:42 PM.

18. Likes gnuyork, Mediocre liked this post