Likes Likes:  56
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please don't flame me (shameless commercial/promotional content inside)...

Please don't flame me (shameless commercial/promotional content inside)...

Got an email from one of the mods, letting me know this was kosher. Apologies if that guy went rogue and was running his own missions. I didn't get the memo...

Anyhoo...some of you may know me from past run-ins, ahem...I mean, online interactions. I'm Chris, and I own a micro-brand called Lew & Huey. You may have heard of it.

There's currently a smurf-load of stuff happening until December 16th, so I'd like to make people here aware of it all, so they can take advantage of it.

First, we're doing free worldwide shipping, plus free accessory upgrade on all in-stock models until the 16th.

Name:  Hero Banner - Holiday Promotion.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  32.9 KB

No coupon code necessary. Just grab any Acionna, Cerberus or Spectre, and proceed to checkout. If you have any store credit, and many people do, it will be automatically applied. If you happen to have a coupon code, you can stack it with store credit, and the free shipping. Eventually I'll be paying you to take one of these fancy timepieces.

If you don't have a coupon code, here's one I just created for the good denizens of the International League of Fine Watch Appreciating Gentleman Superfriends (or whatever) - IWL - just pop that into the little box at checkout, and you'll save another $25. All purchases are eligible for our Loyalty Rewards program, which essentially gives 5% back, and enters customers into a drawing for a date with Kate Upton (drawing completely made up for this post, and not an actual reward).

Secondly, we're giving away an Orthos diving watch to two lucky winners, picked at random by computer, also on the 16th.

Name:  Viral 1.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  45.9 KBName:  Viral 2.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  39.7 KB

No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Don't sit in the living room. That furniture's just for company.

All it takes to enter is putting your email in the widget here - http://www.lewandhuey.com/giveaway, but you can earn bonus entries by following and sharing us on social media.

If by coincidence either winner has already purchased one, we'll refund their purchase, give 'em another (because, c'mon, two!), or give 'em store credit, their choice. The pre-order price will be going up again this weekend, as we're planning to begin shipping before Christmas, so don't wait until you see if you've won, by the time that happens, we'll be at full retail price.

Lastly, we've got a Kickstarter project running right now for a new model called the Legends Racer, a mix of Tag Monaco, Tudor Heritage and Kentucky back-woods mash (highly combustible).

Name:  Legends_Video_Cover_Image.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  41.6 KB

The Legends is only available through the project while it lasts, and if we don't hit the goal, we are NOT making the model. So if this thing curls your toes, now's the time to get in on it. The first 100 backers will save $125 off the eventual in-stock retail price.

Even if you hate it, but you think I'm an okay guy, and you wouldn't mind doing me a solid, you can still help out in three ways:

1. Go to the project page, and share the video on Facebook and Twitter. More eyeballs = good.

2. Pledge as little as 1 dollar (cancel later if you must), and Tweet/Post about backing the project.

3. Once you're a backer, you can post a comment. I'm not sure, but I think it helps the project with visibility.

Name:  Help the KS.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  58.3 KB

*The Legends is NOT a repeater or alarm watch. The dog on the dial doesn't actually bark. That's complete make-believe.

Ciao!
    Chris
    Last edited by docvail; Nov 20, 2014 at 08:49 PM.

2. Likes Chronopolitano, SteamJ, Rob, N/A, Richmondmike liked this post
    Blog Entries
    I specifically said "After you fill up my Paypal account".

Blog Entries
    You know what my one burning question has always been. Did you just wake up one day and say "Hey, I'll start a watch company today" or was this some lifelong goal? Or did you feel like we were missing something in the market? I'm genuinely curious. I wouldn't even know where to start.

5. Likes docvail, Nokie, -JP liked this post
    Blog Entries
    It's OK Doc. We have him safely restrained now.

Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap. ~Doug Larson

7. Likes docvail, is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Broker View Post
    You know what my one burning question has always been. Did you just wake up one day and say "Hey, I'll start a watch company today" or was this some lifelong goal? Or did you feel like we were missing something in the market? I'm genuinely curious.
    Seek, and ye shall find...

Somewhat long-winded interview, detailing the whole story (sort of) in detail - http://www.chickswithwatches.com/#!C...9-4139F6F676CB

Less long-winded encapsulation, as much about the behind the scenes agony I went through, as it is about the apparent triumph on stage. Feel free to laugh - http://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/ric...t-1083309.html

I wouldn't even know where to start.
    This is just me, but I'd start in Hong Kong...http://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/mic...n-1078747.html
    Eight essential vitamins and minerals - Lew & Huey

Please don't force me to put a lot of stuff here by asking me a bunch of questions with answers easily found on my website.

Take $25 off your purchase of an in-stock watch with coupon code IWL.

Is that a metric smurf-load of happenings?

10. Likes Glenroiland, docvail, M. Montaigne, N/A liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SteamJ View Post

I kid you not, I have almost every smurf action figure like this made. From my childhood. My mother kept everything. You want smurfs with Breitling? I can do that.

12. Likes SteamJ liked this post
    I kid you not, I have almost every smurf action figure like this made. From my childhood. My mother kept everything. You want smurfs with Breitling? I can do that.
    Well you know we have to have a "smurfs and watches" thread now!

Quote Originally Posted by SteamJ View Post

It's "metric smurf-ton"...

Know your role, jabroni.
    Eight essential vitamins and minerals - Lew & Huey

Please don't force me to put a lot of stuff here by asking me a bunch of questions with answers easily found on my website.

Take $25 off your purchase of an in-stock watch with coupon code IWL.

Blog Entries
    I can smell it. One smurf photo shoot coming up.

16. Likes SteamJ liked this post