Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another who makes this "Feature of Dubious Worth" thread

Another who makes this "Feature of Dubious Worth" thread

For some reason I suddenly am having problems with resetting dive bezels precisely at 12:00. I believe I am doing so but find out later I'm off. Oddly enough, this most bothers me during my several nocturnal awakenings - somehow that few degrees off makes me unsure of the exact time. Seems I've heard of stronger detents at 12:00 though I can't recall seeing one (perhaps I just didn't rotate the bezel? It would not be something I would do in a store for fear of frightening the clerk) but it seems to me that the most simple way to do this would be for the bezel not to have any detent for the space of 3 or 4 clicks on either side of the 12:00 position.
    So, who makes one of these? (I'm anticipating many answers)

I like it smooth man, no detents at all:

3. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Donf View Post
    ... unsure of the exact time.
    Forgive my answering a question with another question, but: Why do you need to know the exact time during your
    nocturnal awakenings
    ?
    For me; my time check during 'nocturnal awakenings' consists of thought: Is it still dark ? If answer is yes - go back to sleep
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

5. Likes I-B, scottjc liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by crownpuller View Post
    Forgive my answering a question with another question, but: Why do you need to know the exact time during your ?
    For me; my time check during 'nocturnal awakenings' consists of thought: Is it still dark ? If answer is yes - go back to sleep
    My wife has to take medications 3 times during the night (at present, it changes just enough to keep me from waking on 'autopilot'). For whatever reason, I wake up at one or two random times as well. Right now, I've learned to jam my watch in front of my eyes at the first glimmer of consciousness and returning to sleep if it is not 12:30, 2:30 or 5:30 but if that lume pip is off I have to actually think about it. Very irritating.

7. Likes crownpuller liked this post
    Blog Entries
    I think you discovered a good excuse to buy one of these...

Name:  jaeger-lecoultre-master-memovox-q1418430_8396.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  47.3 KB
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

9. Likes watchdaddy1, synequano, Henry Krinkle liked this post
    I like the way you think

11. Likes watchdaddy1 liked this post
    My wife has to take medications 3 times during the night (at present, it changes just enough to keep me from waking on 'autopilot'). For whatever reason, I wake up at one or two random times as well. Right now, I've learned to jam my watch in front of my eyes at the first glimmer of consciousness and returning to sleep if it is not 12:30, 2:30 or 5:30 but if that lume pip is off I have to actually think about it. Very irritating.
    Sorry, didn't know that Forgive my flippant response

Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    I think you discovered a good excuse to buy one of these...
    Or, a more affordable solution - Indiglo ?... Or, perhaps one of these:
    Name:  smithsbd5.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  33.0 KB
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

13. Likes watchdaddy1, synequano liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crownpuller View Post
    Forgive my answering a question with another question, but: Why do you need to know the exact time during your ?

Sometimes it's comforting to know that I still have enough time to fall back asleep and get some meaningful rest. 5AM? Borderline? 5:30? Damn it, I might as well get up. It'll take half an hour to fall back asleep, then it's 30 minutes until I have to get back up. 4AM? It's all good. I've got hours, an endless night of restful sleep. ()

Blog Entries
    I like the way you think
    Even better.

While I don't normally (ok really ever) reset my bezel after timing something, I will say I much prefer a 60 click to a 120 click. I just find it's close enough for what I use and easier to line up, plus I just like the feel of those big clicks when rotating.