Likes Likes:  12
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chronometer Certificate

Chronometer Certificate

When corresponding with Bremont on the OEM warranty I asked about getting the Chronometer Certificate the warranty card references. They said they could provide me a copy of the certificate, it would me cost $60.

What information would the certificate have on it? The timing performance from the COSC test? Anything else? Is it worth having?

Your thoughts?

Retired from Fire/Rescue on 1/05/2019 with 30 years on the job

Blog Entries
    My honest thoughts? They shouldn't charge for it. That's just me though.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

3. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Arenít paper certificates pretty rare these days? I can remember Omega charging more than £100 for them, and that was years ago. The majority of the cost goes to COSC, as far as I know. And yes, they contain the times from the test, and nothing more.

Given that the certificate only shows the performance of the movement on the day of the test, they don't attract a premium with used watches. Personally, I can see no benefit in having one.

Omega now publishes METAS certs online. Just type in your serial number.

Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    Omega now publishes METAS certs online. Just type in your serial number.
    Only if you set up an account and give them personal information.

Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    My honest thoughts? They shouldn't charge for it. That's just me though.
    Not just you. I would have stated what you did much more bluntly.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

8. Likes skywatch, happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    All of my COSC Rados came with COSC certificates without me asking. They are a standard accessory that comes with every Rado chronometer.

When I stupidly killed the movement in my Diastar 40 and sent it for service Rado changed the movement for a freshly serviced NOS Chronometer movement from that era, the new timing data and a brand new COSC certificate. Did I mention they also supplied a document attesting to Rado removing the original chronometer movement, number included, and swapping it for this new movement, number included. All of that cost me Rado's online price for the service of a three hand automatic. They also refinished the bracelet for free.

Bottom line, charging you for a chrono certificate is sketchy at best.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Only if you set up an account and give them personal information.
    email and a password?

If they don’t charge, it’s absorbed in the price of the watch. Same difference, really, except that companies have to hit price points.

I’ve only ever had one - with a Stowa Airman. I think they’re an anachronism, really.

I have a 2014 catalogue and price list from a movement supplier and they charged 70-something CHF for the cert, which I think is exactly what COSC charges them.