Likes Likes:  507
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ««««««««« WRUW - Friday - 28 August 2015 »»»»»»»»

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post

Make room in my direction ..............

3. Likes rockmastermike liked this post
    Testing...testing...testing. Using an 18mm strap with 20mm lugs to try and hone in on a strap-style for this watch.

Name:  TF2.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  89.5 KB

Ebel La Carree

Arrived yesterday. As usual, I needed to remove 4 links. Alas, some fumble-fingered bozo had inflicted minor damage on the screws for the links on the 6 side (where I usually have to take most of the links from). So...I stopped in at my local Ebel dealer (disappointing display of stock on hand, minimal knowledge demonstrated at the counter - but good fingers and a supply of extra pins). $12 later, and it fits like...well, like an Ebel. As Barbra would say "it's like butter".

Rick complains that it's a bit wider than it is tall - but on my wrist that works. And...there are a lot of things in this world that are wider than they are tall. I used to be (key words: used to be) one of them.

I recently missed out on one of these with a beautiful black strap. While I love the SS bracelet, I will definitely be acquiring a strap (if it comes in "short") realSoonNow.
    That makes 3 (count them, 3) Ebel straps that I have on my shopping list. This one - because I want it. Another - because the current strap is too long and (equipped with a deployment and no keeper) the strap sort of waves in the breeze. The third because...it's old and it fell apart.

Hint for a DIY project for someone with the right skills: devise a part that attaches (with bolts) to various Ebel watches and presents a normal bar (even a fixed bar would be OK) to the outside world, so you can attach 3rd party straps. I want to be the first to mount an Ebel on a NATO.

In the meantime - here's what I'll be looking at all afternoon and evening:

Name:  EbelLaCarree28Aug2015.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  78.4 KB
    La lutte elle-même vers les sommets suffit à remplir un cœur d'homme; il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux.

Name:  Unknown-4.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  73.7 KB
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

Day 5 of my Chinese rotation sees the Beijing ZunDa back on leather rally strap (guess that means summer is over....)

Feeling funky today, with my new Timex (ref T2N393ZB)