Likes Likes:  507
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: ««««««««« WRUW - Friday - 28 August 2015 »»»»»»»»

Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    Noon swich and last WRUW post before vacations.

Attachment 29563

Nice, C. I'm off for vacation as well (technically a personal day today, too) though not going anywhere, we're in the middle of some renovation, and I plan to help - not sure how much help I can be, but I'll try... then we have a wedding a week from tomorrow to attend in which I am the best man. I better think about a speech

Enjoy your vacation. Hope your going somewhere nice.

2. Likes CFR, iyonk liked this post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    Nice, C. I'm off for vacation as well (technically a personal day today, too) though not going anywhere, we're in the middle of some renovation, and I plan to help - not sure how much help I can be, but I'll try... then we have a wedding a week from tomorrow to attend in which I am the best man. I better think about a speech

Enjoy your vacation. Hope your going somewhere nice.
    Thanks!

Me and my wife, we usually choose places where some peace and tranquility are to be expected. Nothing too fancy, actually. Anyway, it's only a week...

5. Likes gnuyork, iyonk liked this post

Ebel La Carree

Arrived yesterday. As usual, I needed to remove 4 links. Alas, some fumble-fingered bozo had inflicted minor damage on the screws for the links on the 6 side (where I usually have to take most of the links from). So...I stopped in at my local Ebel dealer (disappointing display of stock on hand, minimal knowledge demonstrated at the counter - but good fingers and a supply of extra pins). $12 later, and it fits like...well, like an Ebel. As Barbra would say "it's like butter".

Rick complains that it's a bit wider than it is tall - but on my wrist that works. And...there are a lot of things in this world that are wider than they are tall. I used to be (key words: used to be) one of them.

I recently missed out on one of these with a beautiful black strap. While I love the SS bracelet, I will definitely be acquiring a strap (if it comes in "short") realSoonNow.
    That makes 3 (count them, 3) Ebel straps that I have on my shopping list. This one - because I want it. Another - because the current strap is too long and (equipped with a deployment and no keeper) the strap sort of waves in the breeze. The third because...it's old and it fell apart.

Hint for a DIY project for someone with the right skills: devise a part that attaches (with bolts) to various Ebel watches and presents a normal bar (even a fixed bar would be OK) to the outside world, so you can attach 3rd party straps. I want to be the first to mount an Ebel on a NATO.

In the meantime - here's what I'll be looking at all afternoon and evening:

Name:  EbelLaCarree28Aug2015.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  78.4 KB
    La lutte elle-même vers les sommets suffit à remplir un cœur d'homme; il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux.

le Coultre Memovox

-hayday

Name:  Le Coultre.JPG
Views: 91
Size:  90.2 KB
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

A perfect beach watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk