Likes Likes:  292
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ***WRUW this Thursday the10th of June***

[QUOTE=skywatch;544098]Wrist sharing these two today

Attachment 108915
    /QUOTE]

Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

2. Likes skywatch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    This strap is too small for me, but the return policy is such that straps that have been installed on your watch cannot be returned, so I'm stuck with it. They have a sale now, and I decided to *maybe* order the regular size, this one is a small... The problem is I have a couple other straps from the same company, though in Horween leather instead of this Italian leather that wears slightly too big...I use the first hole and it's slightly too loose....which is why I ordered the short in this one.

I decided to install it again and see if I really like the strap before ordering. I do and don't. This straps looks much better in photos than in real life. It's almost as if the grit/patina is photoshopped on, I can't explain it. It's full grain with a slightly waxed finish according to the description... maybe I just need tp break it in and let it get worn.

The Horween versions are much nicer and softer... but I like the coloring of this one with the Khaki watch.

What to do, what to do.

I'm no strap maker, but does this even make sense? I'm at a comfortable middle position with the holes on this strap, yet the tail is barely long enough for the 2nd keeper. Is this normal? What if one needed to use a hole or two further out, there would barely be enough room for the fixed keeper.

Here it is on the Horween, which is a regular length, but just ever so slightly too loose on the first hole. And I have a 2nd one - same strap, different color - on my vintage Seiko... same issue...slightly too loose. I'm tempted to order the Horween in small, and the Italian in regular ands see which one fits best, but seller charges a restocking fee as well on returned orders.

Time for @iyonk to get back to making straps.
    @gnuyork Joe, that situation sometime can be remedy if you have a longer buckle in your inventory..
    something like this:

since the longer and flusher buckle will offset the strap position and will help the tail of the strap get secure with both strap keepers..
    every strap will mostly wear different on different buckle.

the idea is a thinner and longer strap buckle will move your buckle hole use about 1 tighter...
    just try with what you have around to see if it works before ordering it from ebay..
    I'm on instagram: @iyonk_strap

4. Likes skywatch, gnuyork liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    This strap is too small for me, but the return policy is such that straps that have been installed on your watch cannot be returned, so I'm stuck with it. They have a sale now, and I decided to *maybe* order the regular size, this one is a small... The problem is I have a couple other straps from the same company, though in Horween leather instead of this Italian leather that wears slightly too big...I use the first hole and it's slightly too loose....which is why I ordered the short in this one.

I decided to install it again and see if I really like the strap before ordering. I do and don't. This straps looks much better in photos than in real life. It's almost as if the grit/patina is photoshopped on, I can't explain it. It's full grain with a slightly waxed finish according to the description... maybe I just need tp break it in and let it get worn.

The Horween versions are much nicer and softer... but I like the coloring of this one with the Khaki watch.

What to do, what to do.

I'm no strap maker, but does this even make sense? I'm at a comfortable middle position with the holes on this strap, yet the tail is barely long enough for the 2nd keeper. Is this normal? What if one needed to use a hole or two further out, there would barely be enough room for the fixed keeper.

Here it is on the Horween, which is a regular length, but just ever so slightly too loose on the first hole. And I have a 2nd one - same strap, different color - on my vintage Seiko... same issue...slightly too loose. I'm tempted to order the Horween in small, and the Italian in regular ands see which one fits best, but seller charges a restocking fee as well on returned orders.

Time for @iyonk to get back to making straps.

It looks stiff to me. I am not super keen on it it just from the photos and if you say it's better in pictures...

Don't getting me started on the hole positioning.
    Last edited by Henry Krinkle; Jun 11, 2021 at 02:22 AM.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

6. Likes iyonk, Mediocre liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim. View Post
    Glad you approve Henry.
    I think we kind of need emoji response buttons. At least you and I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim. View Post
    That's just great Henry.
    See my above post.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    I think we kind of need emoji response buttons. At least you and I do.

Absolutely... Lol.

G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Forgot to post this yesterday:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk