Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 15 % off - grab it or not?

15 % off - grab it or not?

I need someone to either talk me out off or into buying a Seiko Street Series mini Tuna. Regular price would be 522 €, with 15 % off it's 443.70.
    IMO still too expensive for a watch with a 4R36 but I had my eye on those Tunas since I got my Addiesdive Tuna.
    Decisions, decisions.
    A Migma Diver would probably be a much better value for money but it has a rather generic design. And it's not a Tuna.
    The 15 % are good till the 20th.
    Cheers, Sedi

yeah nice but price ant happening really is it

special as second hand you might pay half that still
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

3. Likes Sedi liked this post
    Is this it?

Name:  488DF121-C964-40E1-B3F2-9DFECACB3D43.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  68.7 KB

I guess the question is how much do you want it irrespective of price?

5. Likes Sedi liked this post
    Exactly. Even for the 15 % it's still expensive compared to other offerings. For 200 it'd be a no brainer.
    And looking at my Addiesdive Tuna - ar-coated sapphire, great lume and almost the same movement (without day of the week but that looks actually better). All for less than 100 €.
    Well, 4 days to decide...
    Cheers, Sedi

Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    IMO still too expensive for a watch with a 4R36
    Yes, it's basically a Seiko 5 rebranded as Prospex.

I have similar reservations when I sometimes consider their SKX-ish 'de-divered' divers (think the Brian May edition), which are somewhere around €350 price point, IIRC.

FWIW, Marc from LIW does Tunas, too: https://longislandwatch.com/islander...-bezel-isl-59/ (other colourways available as well).

8. Likes Sedi liked this post
    Thanks for the link. Those are actually quite nice. Of course I already have a Tuna homage but those old style Monsters are quite cool with the double domed sapphire and NH35. I always regretted selling my old skx monster as it was the watch I wore when my son was born. I got the second gen Monster which is also awesome (and only cost 150 € in an Amazon warehouse deal).
    Cheers, Sedi

10. Likes rodia77 liked this post
    Savagely Average
    It depends on what you value more, having it now or saving $$$ (waiting for 2nd hand)

True. Haven't seen them pop up used all that often so far. But I also haven't really been on the lookout for one. And even used ones are sometimes expensive. The solar tuna can be found easily.
    Can't say I am all too happy with Seiko's price policy regarding their "entry level" models. Still the same old movements, still the same old hardlex crystals and occasionally misaligned chapter rings but 2 or 3 times the price of just a few years back. Considering what Citizen offers with their new diver -- new movement, anti-magnetic, domed ar-coated sapphire for just a few bucks more.
    But I still do like a lot of Seiko's models and if they were not as expensive ...
    Paid 200 used but like new for my SRP777 -- which was fine. But the prices for the other re-issues, Willard, 62MAS, etc. Insane. Who'd have thought just 10 yrs ago that you'd one day say "nah, Seiko is too expensive, I'm just buying Citizens, Steeldives, etc". (of course -- not mentioning their high-end lines like GS, Springdrive, Credor, etc)
    And one other problem I have -- some of those Chinese lookalikes are actually much better value for money and even have better specs. It's like getting a Rolex-knock-off with a real Rolex movement but better build quality, better lume, better crystal, etc.
    Still my inner "watch aficionado" does revolt at the thought of going full knock-off on all the models I want. It's not like I am gonna buy a real Omega soon (so I did get the Corgeut/Debert "Spectre") but who'd have thought I'll be buying Seiko-knock-offs? Wanna get the real deal again. But not when I can get a titanium cased, sapphire crystalled, ETA-powered diver from a German brand (Migma) for the same price as a 4R36-powered, hardlexed, steel-cased Seiko.
    Cheers, Sedi

Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    True. Haven't seen them pop up used all that often so far. But I also haven't really been on the lookout for one. And even used ones are sometimes expensive. The solar tuna can be found easily.
    Can't say I am all too happy with Seiko's price policy regarding their "entry level" models. Still the same old movements, still the same old hardlex crystals and occasionally misaligned chapter rings but 2 or 3 times the price of just a few years back. Considering what Citizen offers with their new diver -- new movement, anti-magnetic, domed ar-coated sapphire for just a few bucks more.
    But I still do like a lot of Seiko's models and if they were not as expensive ...
    Paid 200 used but like new for my SRP777 -- which was fine. But the prices for the other re-issues, Willard, 62MAS, etc. Insane. Who'd have thought just 10 yrs ago that you'd one day say "nah, Seiko is too expensive, I'm just buying Citizens, Steeldives, etc". (of course -- not mentioning their high-end lines like GS, Springdrive, Credor, etc)
    And one other problem I have -- some of those Chinese lookalikes are actually much better value for money and even have better specs. It's like getting a Rolex-knock-off with a real Rolex movement but better build quality, better lume, better crystal, etc.
    Still my inner "watch aficionado" does revolt at the thought of going full knock-off on all the models I want. It's not like I am gonna buy a real Omega soon (so I did get the Corgeut/Debert "Spectre") but who'd have thought I'll be buying Seiko-knock-offs? Wanna get the real deal again. But not when I can get a titanium cased, sapphire crystalled, ETA-powered diver from a German brand (Migma) for the same price as a 4R36-powered, hardlexed, steel-cased Seiko.
    thats why I'm more vintage seiko then modern they was at the top of their game then now ..think the hmmm money is all with them before think pride won out in quality for money now some of the modern just nah specially as a lot of other version as you say will probably use the same movement
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

14. Likes Sedi liked this post
    BTW - the solar mini Tuna would be a much better deal at 270 with the 15 % off. I might go for that one instead.
    Cheers, Sedi

16. Likes rodia77 liked this post