After picking my jaw off the ground, I was surprised by my wide-eyed delight with Artisans de Genève’s irreverent take on the Rolex Daytona. I was surprised because, truth be told, this is not a model I am particularly enamored with. I’ve had my fill of all the endless fawning over vintage Daytonas. In fact, I don’t even find the latest Daytona particularly attractive. But this all changed the moment I lay my eyes on the Shades of Blue Challenge Project from Artisans de Genève, the iconoclastic purveyors of luxury customization. How dare they make me fall in love with a Daytona! I’ve been both shocked and titillated by some of their previous projects like the Pirlo skeletonized Submariner, but this? This is the best, most understated piece of work ADG has done, and has made me fall for a Daytona, something I never thought would happen. I mean, I’m not even a chronograph geezer, preferring a maximum of two registers if you must. Essentially, the back-story here is that a client had the nerve to leave a new ref. 116500 Daytona in the itchy fingers of Artisans de Genève with one task at hand: to find the perfect shades…

The post The Rolex Daytona gets a wild blue remix from Artisans de Genève appeared first on Time and Tide Watches.

More...