Likes Likes:  1

Thread: 3133 vs 3017 fame

3133 vs 3017 fame

now we have had many conversations on this thought but have recently tried to sell several 3133 and even with the discontinued movement making it harder to get parts so should be more sort after it is still not .. where the 3017 is still hitting peak after peak of highs .

so is it simple down to the moon watch side of things that makes it so ... as can't really see any other reason for the one ploughing long and one shooting off to the stars apart from the moon angle ..

so whats your take ?
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Savagely Average
    My take is that is a combination of dedicated collectors and uneducated casual buyers who read the "value" of the old movement on the internet. The casual buyers probably cannot really tell you why they want it aside from some people on the internet that spoke with confidence said it is better

Quote Originally Posted by Mediocre View Post
    My take is that is a combination of dedicated collectors and uneducated casual buyers who read the "value" of the old movement on the internet. The casual buyers probably cannot really tell you why they want it aside from some people on the internet that spoke with confidence said it is better
    Good points mate.
    Prefer the 3133 myself. Would be better date free , for me anyway. It's been said many times that the date is the weakest link , the movement is solid , and very accurate. Very rare change the date on mine, Sometimes if a day or so , but not often.
    The winding is amazing.. First time winding the Strela (re-issue) thought broken as no feel , and winding what seemed forever. Some Volmax are so frictionless can only compare to doing the half turn crown winding in free air. Nothing until close to full , amazing.

4. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    Well in some ways the 3017 is very limited white or black dials thats it where their are hundreds (well maybe not hundreds but two pages at least in juri ) of models in various sizes and option choices in the 3133 over the 3017 mean was all set to go for one a few years back till i tried one on and it left me a bit flat if honest sooo yeah not sure i get the whole 3017 vibe
    Last edited by is that my watch; Jun 22, 2021 at 07:11 PM.
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Strela167 View Post
    Good points mate.
    Prefer the 3133 myself. Would be better date free , for me anyway. It's been said many times that the date is the weakest link , the movement is solid , and very accurate. Very rare change the date on mine, Sometimes if a day or so , but not often.
    The winding is amazing.. First time winding the Strela (re-issue) thought broken as no feel , and winding what seemed forever. Some Volmax are so frictionless can only compare to doing the half turn crown winding in free air. Nothing until close to full , amazing.
    Wasn't the re-issue using the 3133 mak or am i mistaken ? And think the mecca quartz ones are a joke in away when the whole 3017 first mech in space is it's angle ... That was a turn of just being done for the money wasn't in my thoughts
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy