Likes Likes:  0

Thread: useful hints when modding using a 3602 movement

useful hints when modding using a 3602 movement

well I do these mods occasionally, now at one time you could order from Russia a set of dial and hands that would fit the Russian 3602 movement.

now seems a bit harder am doing a mod now so using a black dial so could not use the black hands it came with so was told the 6497/8 movement hands would fit well nope they don't so even if the listing reads as they do they don't just tried a diff set just now and nope deffo not.

the 6497/8 dial will fit but you would need to remove the pins and glue spot it on ..

now 6497/8 stems some say they do and they just might they look very similar as you know you can not use the original stem as solid thread not threaded so you can't cut them down so you would have to order these from Russia the price are not to bad of late came down a lot compared to my first mod a few years back.

I had one knocking around so am doing a mod now just for fun and to empty my bits box .

so I used an old dial bought for a mod that I went a diff way on so will fit the 3602 movement I have painted a set of the original hands vintage silver so they show up against the black of the dial the movement comes from a pw that failed to sell on the bay when tried several times .

so all I have bought is the case which was cheap enough suppose to be uk seller but week in and still waiting might even have been longer .

any way so any question you maybe have ask away ...

As always ismy

sorry pics was an after thought so pulled them from shot for wruw I did for some of them.
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

I have a question also now what movement is like the 6497/8 size and fit for dial and hand sets but just with out a sub 6 or 9 second hand so basically either just hour /minute hands or second hand off the central pinion so that it can be left off when doing the pan a like builds ...

as find having to snip the second pinion down as time consuming and some times troublesome when be easier to not having to do this
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1