Likes Likes:  14

Thread: What's the technique behind Breitling and IWC-clocks in cars?

Question What's the technique behind Breitling and IWC-clocks in cars?

I can't find anything about them. IWC makes the clock's for the big Mercedes' and Breitling for Bentley, but is it just the design, or do they also provide the movement? If so, are these "special" movements? TC? TC seems to be suited for a car due to the temprature changes inside a car, that is if they are intrisic accurate clock's ofcourse Or do they sync with the GPS in the car? Any toughts?

Good question. If they do provide the movement, I imagine it's some industry-standard device that's bought in, and that it would have GPS sync.

3. Likes I-B liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by I-B View Post
    I can't find anything about them. IWC makes the clock's for the big Mercedes' and Breitling for Bentley, but is it just the design, or do they also provide the movement? If so, are these "special" movements? TC? TC seems to be suited for a car due to the temprature changes inside a car, that is if they are intrisic accurate clock's ofcourse Or do they sync with the GPS in the car? Any toughts?
    I'll ask my father-in-law. He has one of those and I've always been curious myself.

5. Likes I-B liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    I'll ask my father-in-law. He has one of those and I've always been curious myself.
    I asked my father-in-law and apparently the clock in his car is essentially a pretty face on a standard analog car clock, i.e., nothing too fancy about the movement. He wasn't sure if it was GPS-controlled or not, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

On Bentley's new SUV, they developed something much more impressive. As an option, you can get a self-winding tourbillon. There is a great write-up on Hodinkee with all of the details. Essentially, the clock has an winder built into it to rotate the whole thing around and keep it wound.

Name:  bentley-bentayga-22-1.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  52.2 KB

Name:  bentley.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  69.0 KB

Essentially, the clock has a winder built into it to rotate the whole thing around and keep it wound.

What's the technique behind Breitling and IWC-clocks in cars?

On Bentley's new SUV, they developed something much more impressive. As an option, you can get a self-winding tourbillon. There is a great write-up on Hodinkee with all of the details. Essentially, the clock has an winder built into it to rotate the whole thing around and keep it wound.

Then they went and ruined it by putting it in a Bentley SUV. Bentley making an SUV WTF are they thinking? It is enough to make you vomit.

Buying a Bentley should be simple you chose two door or four door and the color of the interior and exterior and it is all wrapped around a 6.75 liter V8 with RWD and if you want anything else you can go buy a bloody Maybach while wearing a blinged-out AP ROO and listen to rap music... Get off my lawn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 93EXCivic; Sep 11, 2015 at 03:46 AM.
    Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum

9. Likes FuzzyB, Chicolabronse, BlackNomad liked this post

As in normal British engineering... the watch remains stationary while the Bentley rotates around the Breitling.
    I have found that some people just like to hear themselves typing.

Friends Don't Let Friends Buy G-Schlocks.

Okay..., Charging Paddles... CLEAR!! BZZZZT... Another Thread Revived!

Every time God closes one door... I open a bottle of bourbon.

I'm Just Here For The Comic Relief. Nothing I Do or Say Needs to be Taken Seriously.

11. Likes FuzzyB, -JP, BlackNomad, whatmeworry liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 93EXCivic View Post
    Then they went and ruined it by putting it in a Bentley SUV. Bentley making an SUV WTF are they thinking? It is enough to make you vomit.

Buying a Bentley should be simple you chose two door or four door and the color of the interior and exterior and it is all wrapped around a 6.75 liter V8 with RWD and if you want anything else you can go buy a bloody Maybach while wearing a blinged-out AP ROO and listen to rap music... Get off my lawn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What if I wanted to listen to rap music in a Continental SC?
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    What if I wanted to listen to rap music in a Continental SC?
    I guess if you just want a fancy VW....
    Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum

14. Likes I-B liked this post
    I wonders this about brand's clocks as well.