Likes Likes:  1

Thread: strange response to a heads up

rolex pic as answer guy mikeylacroix's Avatar

strange response to a heads up

saw this on the sales forum

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-...l#post19634658

figure will email em' telling em its probably not selling coz u can get it brand new from jomashop at just over 5.3k
    just a friendly heads up

his response:

That website is a grey market dealer. It would be more expensive from an authorized dealer, which mine is from

i doubt if buyers really care that much that he paid more for it from an AD lol
    o well

Guess he doesn't understand the concept of a market... Well, you tried to help; that's all you can do.

You mean you don't work out your willingness to pay based on a suitable profit margin for the seller?
    Instagram: @tempocalypse

Maybe he thinks it's worth that price because it still has the remaining AD warranty? I have no idea whether the warranty would be honored for a second owner.

Unsolicited advice is rarely met with gratitude.
    Updated after some divestment:

Glashütte Original Senator Hand Date (GONE) | Omega Speedmaster Broad Arrow (GONE - turns out I don’t much care for chronographs) | Omega Seamaster 300 GMT "Great White" | Rolex Datejust 16013 | Ulysse Nardin 14K chronometre (c. 1960s) | Marathon TSAR | Meistersinger Metris | Apple Watch

6. Likes Nokie liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Maybe he thinks it's worth that price because it still has the remaining AD warranty? I have no idea whether the warranty would be honored for a second owner.
    I was thinking the same..
    G-Shock: GW3000B-1A
    Rolex: Submariner 14060M
    Accurist: 1961 Shockmaster (Gold) & 1965 Shockmaster (Steel)
    Omega: Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00
    Meistersinger: Perigraph AM1002
    Ben Sherman: S489.OOBS
    Rotary: 1990 Quartz (Gold)
    Steinhart: Ocean GMT 39mm
    Certina: DS Super PH500M & DS PH200M
    Timex: MKI Mechanical

Quote Originally Posted by dbakiva View Post
    Unsolicited advice is rarely met with gratitude.

Exactly this.

Walk up to a strange woman and tell her she's too fat to be wearing leggings, she will NOT thank you.

There are currently 26 users browsing this thread. (16 members and 10 guests)
    tribe125*, nellipj, Donf, exc-hulk, OnTimeGabe, tempocalypse, OrangeSport, aztecknight, crownpuller, gonzomantis, MikeyLikesIt, mlcor, dbakiva, ramirez1970, panerai7, gwells

Some things are better left to experience for yourself.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx