Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Replace Seiko Z22 strap with a Hadley Roma?

Replace Seiko Z22 strap with a Hadley Roma?

Hey everyone.

I just picked up a SRP639 and the Z22 strap is too long for me. There are plenty of holes so the strap fits, but there's too much strap left over hanging out beyond the keeper...

Does anyone have any experience with Hadley Roma rubber straps? (I'm thinking about the MS3445 strap.) Quality? Lint magnet?

Any suggestions for other alternatives?

Thanks!

Their pure rubber straps are nice. Soft, pliable and not much of a lint magnet, at least mine is not.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

You could also trim the excess tail of that z22..

you could cut 10mm or 15mm (not to much, you could regret if you cut it to short) and trim/smooth it with sandpaper/emery board and strop it on jeans..

Quote Originally Posted by Iyonk View Post
    You could also trim the excess tail of that z22..

you could cut 10mm or 15mm (not to much, you could regret if you cut it to short) and trim/smooth it with sandpaper/emery board and strop it on jeans..
    Thanks for the suggestion! Can't hurt to give it a try.

5. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Blog Entries
    I've never had Hadley Roma rubber, but their leather and canvas straps have done me well in the past. For rubber, though, I like Bonneto Cinturini (something there is probably spelled incorrectly and I don't have the energy to Google it now). Same Italian rubber as Isofrane, but at a much lower (~$30) price range. I believe they're owned by the same company, as well. Based on feel and smell, it's the same as the ones that come on Marathon watches.

I have cooled on rubber straps lately, but I really like the BC ones. These days, out of nowhere, I've become a real fan of bracelets, which I used to really dislike. But I've never been disappointed by a BC strap (except their 24mm model I bought, it was just a bit too thick for my tastes; good quality though).

7. Likes BigSeikoFan liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    These days, out of nowhere, I've become a real fan of bracelets, which I used to really dislike.
    The first step down the slippery slope towards two-tone.
    La lutte elle-mme vers les sommets suffit remplir un cur d'homme; il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux.

9. Likes meijlinder liked this post