Likes Likes:  83
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Gauging the madness

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    I think I have a dozen or more, very few get worn now. It's down to three of 4 that get any regular wrist time, but the Speedmaster (newest purchase) gets the most by far.

I long for ONE everyday watch, but that will never happen. I have some with sentimental attachment that i can't get rid of.

A perfect candidate would be a Datejust, Explorer, or something like that. But I could never get rid of my Speedmaster as I was wearing it for the birth of my daughter, and I badly want a Reverso.... and one day, one day, I'll spring for that Calatrava that I've always wanted.

So one watch wouldn't be feasible.
    I totally get that. Three of my five watches were gifts—my Monaco, Speedmaster, and Submariner. I can’t think of any reason I’d want to get rid of them, but if I did, I couldn’t. They represent the true for of my collection. They are the ones that not only will never change, the ones that can never change. I can’t imagine I’ll ever sell my Diet Pepsi, but I could see a scenario where my SM300 moves on for something that’s more different from what I already have. Probably not, but I can’t say it’s not possible.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

2. Likes SyntaxTerror liked this post
    Just the three

russian

chinese

other

Quote Originally Posted by Strela167 View Post
    Just the three

russian

chinese

other

sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

5. Likes SyntaxTerror, Mediocre liked this post
    Probably sixty vintage, mostly Rado and Louis Rossel and another two dozen or so modern pieces.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

7. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    I currently sit at 47 watches. About a dozen get worn regularly and another 15ish get worn less frequently. I have ten vintage and another tenish that are novelty types which get occasional wear. I plan to sell zero of them. There are about another five I plan to add, but I'm always on the lookout.
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

9. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    well sold 180 in the last 18 months got twenty ish left trying to get down to ten for rotation plus a few sentimental pieces as just keeps

I thought @whatmeworry culling was impressive. That's a lot of sales.

11. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by happyscrappyheropup View Post
    I thought @whatmeworry culling was impressive. That's a lot of sales.
    well I had ALOT of russians and g shocks and seiko , citizens to name a few mean had 50 ish vostoks at one point and bout 30 ish casio plus various others bits.

looking in my sold book I get 15 to a page so I get 12 and a half pages and that don't include those I gifted on here or the charity shop of the ones I joblot sold or my comp prizes so probably over 200 and something gone

and still culling got another ten to twenty to go... want say ten for rotation then a few keepers even if I don't where those often
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

13. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I refuse to answer on the grounds that it might tend to incriminate me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos View Post
    I refuse to answer on the grounds that it might tend to incriminate me.
    Does your spouse watch over your shoulder? (Asking for a friend.)
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

17. Likes Mediocre liked this post