Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Bracelet arrival for Longines Ultronic

Bracelet arrival for Longines Ultronic

Hey Cats,

The first of two bracelets that I ordered up for the Longines has arrived.

The first thing I learned is that it's the way to go for this style/type of watch instead of leather.

Second it's a comfy fit but were watches of this size trendy of the very early 70's because the bracelet really makes a beast out of this watch!

I had initially put a beautiful Hirsch Modena 24 on it to give it bulk against the case size, it looked quite nice but this watch calls for stainless for sure I'm thinking.

With leather:

Steel:

New home for the leather:

Peace,
    Preston

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Preston; Aug 30, 2015 at 03:54 AM.

2. Likes Ryan, rfortson liked this post
    I think both options look quite good actually! I would swap them around from time to time. But yeah the bracelet is a very good choice.
    Instagram: @tempocalypse

I'm particularly found of leather, but both look great

Sent from Galaxy S6 Edge using Tapalalk
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

Quote Originally Posted by tempocalypse View Post
    I think both options look quite good actually!

Me too. I might marginally prefer the leather...

Blog Entries
    The bracelet looks appropriate to the time (is that a Watchadoo?), but I think the leather is a bit classier. Then again, I typically prefer the look of leather so I'm not an impartial judge.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    The bracelet looks appropriate to the time (is that a Watchadoo?), but I think the leather is a bit classier. Then again, I typically prefer the look of leather so I'm not an impartial judge.
    Not a Watchadoo, it's s typical inexpensive eBay piece you can buy with free shipping but the quality is acceptable for a folded link. Now the solid link that's coming is a whole different look altogether, that's the bracelet I'm looking forward to.

I can see what you Cats are saying about the leather especially considering how beautiful these mid level Hirsch straps are but I can't seem to shake the feeling that steel is what this watch was ever it intended to have.

However that mind set can change which is a great aspect to our beloved hobby

Peace,
    Preston

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

8. Likes skywatch liked this post
    Both look very good to me. Especially like the bracelet.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Preston View Post
    However that mind set can change which is a great aspect to our beloved hobby

Indeed, sometimes a strap swap is the only thing preventing me from buying more watches.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.