Likes Likes:  0

Thread: **** so what am I doing wrong ****

**** so what am I doing wrong ****

Well got a none working G-314 and swap out the battery's (395 came out but specs say 399 both are the same ) so put new in and still no joy the movement looks ok have not pulled it out as seem like just needed a new battery or two but before that happens wonder if not doing some thing right ?

Have worked on one of these once before and remember found it a bugger to get going as well sold it for parts in the end. But did get it going and well just can't remember what I did in the end as this one seems to be doing the same thing should I try a 399 battery instead ?

As always
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

There’s not an all clear or reset on this module is there? Changing to a 399 in theory won’t do much as I think they give the same power, just different sizes aren’t they? I take it you’ve wiped the battery contacts with a bit of tissue dipped in IPA or similar or cleaned them some other way?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Pip View Post
    There’s not an all clear or reset on this module is there? Changing to a 399 in theory won’t do much as I think they give the same power, just different sizes aren’t they? I take it you’ve wiped the battery contacts with a bit of tissue dipped in IPA or similar or cleaned them some other way?

well they seem the same size to the naked eye the only diff is the 399 = sr927w and the 395 = sr927sw tried them both

tried various ac reset think the problem lies in the double battery think theirs like an order of points that need to be shorted .. as said remember giving up on it thinking the module was shot on the other one then gave it a last play and got it working but just can't remember what I did

from mem the sw vs w... sw slow drain on a battery and w normal drain if I remember right
    Last edited by is that my watch; Jul 30, 2021 at 09:56 PM.
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

yes here

What does SW mean on a battery?

In the IEC 'standard' battery designation convention, the low drain or normal version of the watch battery will end with the letter 'W', while the high drain version would end in 'SW'. A common watch battery is the SR44W (or the SR44SW for the high drain version).

sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Sounds like you're doing everything right. I cant think of anything else to try other than the off chance the replacement battery was a dud.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Sounds like you're doing everything right. I cant think of anything else to try other than the off chance the replacement battery was a dud.
    Well try both 395 set of two and 399 set of two both just bought and was renate bats so good name ,

Still think it to do with the double battery system wonder if . I need to short the batterys together

Always seem harder when the casio take two batterys
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Pip View Post

Hmm contacts think i may have played with them last time raised them more to make contact ..wish could remember what i did last time
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

so hmmm still no luck everything seems fine had it out the case suppose could strip it down completely not sure can be bother at mo so either strip for parts to go in my bit box or flip on and re-coup some of the money

sharky
    rest easy good buddy