Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Celebrating my new arrival....

Celebrating my new arrival....

This just in......
    Ebel Sportwave 500M 9120K6 1215882 White/silver dial LE 60/100
    Got on sale at Movado Company Store in Wrentham MA. I will post more details of the sale and their collection in the Good Deals forum (mods, is this the right place for this info?)

Thanks to Rick Denney for his fabulous review of this watch at "the other place" which led me to this watch.

Ebels (lots), IWC, Omega, FC, Eterna, Tag, Invicta, Movado
    If you are interested in the details http://www.intlwatchleague.com/membe...70&tab=aboutme

2. Likes Rob, Rdenney, germy, bacari, GlennO, JAGtime liked this post

Ebel is odd in how it is almost overbuilt and tankish, yet possesses much more styling than the average boutique watch.

It's taking tool and styling to a mutually high level. That's really unique.

Nice watch, man!

Good choice. They made 100 each of these in black, orange, and white dials. I've never seen the orange dial, and this is the first white-dialed 500 I've seen.

Ebel is a brand that always pursues high style, no matter what sort of watch. When I bought mine, I compared it to a lot of dive watches. Nothing even at its $3450 retail price point could touch it, and they are now selling these at a much lower price. I compared it to most of the usual suspects, and even watches at higher price points could not beat it. The case treatment is pure Ebel, shapely where most are squared off, and possessing panache unusual for divers.

The movement is an Ebel caliber 120--a top-grade 2892-2 (no date).

I'm glad that they are still dribbling these out--Bacari wants one, I know.

This is a big watch at 45mm, but at 15mm it is surprisingly not that thick compared to most recent divers with this rating. It is not as thin as some dressy divers (my 200m Concord Mariner is under 10mm), but it is proportioned really well.

All that said, this watch is MUCH better on the excellent rubber strap. The bracelet was a little wild.

Rick "so what about that Tekton?" Denney
    More than 500 characters worth of watches.

5. Likes Rob liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Very nice sir. May she give you many good years! (Aren't you the one who owns a UTS diver? Nothing else would ever get wrist time if I had one)

No Rod has the UTS. I have the Tag Aquagraph, also 500M rated like the Ebel but with a chrono that can be run underwater due to rubber gaskets on the pushers. I know this works safely as I used the chrono to time over 20 dives last year.

All the best, Rory

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    Very nice sir. May she give you many good years! (Aren't you the one who owns a UTS diver? Nothing else would ever get wrist time if I had one)
    If you are interested in the details http://www.intlwatchleague.com/membe...70&tab=aboutme

Rick
    As I thought the Tektons (both 'plain' Cal 137 and the Soccer-themed Cal 245) are just too big for me at 48.5 mm.

I will give it some more thought, review your wristshot, and possibly go back and try them on again. Maybe I can convince myself.

Cheers, Rory

Quote Originally Posted by Rdenney View Post
    Good choice. They made 100 each of these in black, orange, and white dials. I've never seen the orange dial, and this is the first white-dialed 500 I've seen.

Ebel is a brand that always pursues high style, no matter what sort of watch. When I bought mine, I compared it to a lot of dive watches. Nothing even at its $3450 retail price point could touch it, and they are now selling these at a much lower price. I compared it to most of the usual suspects, and even watches at higher price points could not beat it. The case treatment is pure Ebel, shapely where most are squared off, and possessing panache unusual for divers.

The movement is an Ebel caliber 120--a top-grade 2892-2 (no date).

I'm glad that they are still dribbling these out--Bacari wants one, I know.

This is a big watch at 45mm, but at 15mm it is surprisingly not that thick compared to most recent divers with this rating. It is not as thin as some dressy divers (my 200m Concord Mariner is under 10mm), but it is proportioned really well.

All that said, this watch is MUCH better on the excellent rubber strap. The bracelet was a little wild.

Rick "so what about that Tekton?" Denney

Quote Originally Posted by WWII70 View Post
    Rick
    As I thought the Tektons (both 'plain' Cal 137 and the Soccer-themed Cal 245) are just too big for me at 48.5 mm.

I will give it some more thought, review your wristshot, and possibly go back and try them on again. Maybe I can convince myself.

Cheers, Rory
    Well, it is true that I have large wrists. But I thought that about the Tekton, too, until I started wearing mine. The lugs are integral and short, and the shape nestles against the wrist, so don't be too intimidated by the dimension.

Rick "who has learned to decide quickly with desirable models at the Movado Company Store" Denney
    More than 500 characters worth of watches.

Blog Entries
    Very nice! Congrats!

bacari

Congrats!

Blog Entries

Question

That model is available with a bracelet??? What the hell do the end links look like? Seriously, I really cannot picture that.
    Слава Україні! 🇺🇦