Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stuff that horks you off

Blog Entries

Stuff that horks you off

I figured it's about time for another peeve thread so here we are.

This really frosts me…there's this ginormous Chinese supermarket called Ranch 99 that's so freaking huge you could hangar a wing of B-52s in. They have all the shit you expect in a Chinese market plus all kinds of stuff from Indonesia, Malaysia, and other exotic locales. All well and good. I shop there often enough that I've actually figured out where shit is, so it no longer takes me an hour to locate the bonito flakes. However, not content to leave well enough alone, every so often and for no apparent reason they totally rearrange the place. Which means I can no longer find anything I'm looking for. <gggrrrr snarl gnash> What makes it 47 times more irritating is that exactly no one there speaks English and my Mandarin isn't what it used to be doncha know. Trying to convey 'bonito flakes' to people with whom you don't share a language is really freaking hard. I finally resigned myself to simply searching every shelf on every aisle until I found the damn bonito flakes. Which I did for nigh on an hour and came up with buggerall. Not a damn bonito flake in the whole bloody joint. Since I refused to believe that they'd just upped and stopped selling them I hunted down the one person in the whole show who gave a glimmer of comprehension when I said 'bonito flakes'. She told me to sit tight while she researched the issue. An eternity later she returned and led me to one of the 94 aisles I'd so carefully scanned and found, hidden behind a pallet of dried squid entrails, the bonito flakes. Halelujah.

In retrospect I'm surprised I didn't set the place on fire.
    She said I was the apple of her eye so I told her she was the rutabaga of my duodenum.

I hate it when my local grocery decides to rearrange things as well.

What was once easily located, then turns into a scavenger hunt........
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Supermarkets do this deliberately, how else would you get to see their other offerings

bighead
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  49.9 KB

Blog Entries
    When I'm taking a short nap on a weekend afternoon, and my cellphone rings. It's a marketing call. I want to reach through the aether and strangle someone... I'm not a violent person.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

6. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    When I'm taking a short nap on a weekend afternoon, and my cellphone rings. It's a marketing call. I want to reach through the aether and strangle someone... I'm not a violent person.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-7OgWcwgB50

Enjoy!
    She said I was the apple of her eye so I told her she was the rutabaga of my duodenum.

8. Likes skywatch liked this post
    Google have just changed their logo !..... WHY ?
    What was wrong with the old one ?... it was instantly recognisable; now I've got a hideous multi-coloured G on my search tab
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crownpuller View Post
    Google have just changed their logo !..... WHY ?
    What was wrong with the old one ?... it was instantly recognisable; now I've got a hideous multi-coloured G on my search tab
    http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2015/...le-update.html

11. Likes crownpuller liked this post
    ^^^ Thanks, but I still don't like it
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

These things are merciless. Last year I lent a friend my Tahoe to move a couch. A month later I get an 80.00 ticket for "Running a red light".

I knew that driving a large vehicle (he drives a compact) with a couch in the back was a bit disorienting.
    I also knew from having paid these when my kids were at home that there was no use in bringing it up because the story is always the same - "I didn't do that - must be a faulty camera!".
    I further knew that I would end up paying it.

I was right on all three counts.
    Last edited by Donf; Sep 1, 2015 at 11:00 PM.