Likes Likes:  36
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Two-handed love

Two-handed love

This is my only two-hander, and I like it very much indeed:

I've also spent far more time than is sensible gawping at these two VCs:

I wasn't too sure how I would get on with a two-handed watch, wasn't sure if I was patient enough, how I would deal with the lack of visible movement. But then I realised, if you stare at the long enough you do see the minute hand moving.....

Fondly owned, or just droolingly dreamt of, what have you got for us?

2. Likes tempocalypse, OhDark30 liked this post
    I am a big fan of two handed watch especially Panerai style watches. Maybe it comes from building some 6497 watches and finding out what a pain in the ass the second hand is in a two piece dial...

My top two if I had stupid amounts of money to blow on a watch would be these two.

Although given these were dive watches for commandos, one has to wonder how good a design decision it was to not include a seconds hand...
    Last edited by 93EXCivic; Sep 1, 2015 at 04:32 PM.
    Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum

I've had a one hander which I enjoyed, but never a two. I think, for a simple dress watch, it's a great look. In fact I remember wishing the Bulova I'm wearing today didn't have a second hand (or do I mean a third hand).
    Last edited by whatmeworry; Sep 1, 2015 at 04:48 PM.

Blog Entries
    Between my wife and myself, she has all the two-handers, as she likes small classic ladies watches, most of which don't have a seconds hand. I admit, though, I have often been tempted by the Hamilton Intra-Matic.

Name:  IMG_2939.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  209.9 KB
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

6. Likes OhDark30, Henry Krinkle, Ryan, Der Amf liked this post

I was the victim of a damaged Precista but this is what it would have looked like if I had kept it and brushed the case. Not having a second hand kind of threw me off.

Name:  Precista PRS 20 brushed case 7.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  67.5 KB

Two-handed love

I don't own any, but I've always felt like not having a seconds hand would bother me. I dislike the deadbeat, staccato movement of seconds hands on Quartz watches. And I usually prefer central to sub seconds because they seem to more directly, outwardly describe the lovely rhythm of the escapement.
    Last edited by Ryan; Sep 1, 2015 at 07:14 PM.

Blog Entries
    Thread title sounds dirty. This is a family forum, guys.

11. Likes OrangeSport, geoffbot, Rdenney liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    I especially like this one. What's the case? I like the way the numerals match it

13. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    I especially like this one. What's the case? I like the way the numerals match it
    Thanks DA. The case is tungsten carbide, with a raised bevel edged flat sapphire crystal. The lozenge shaped centre links on the bracelet are tungsten inserts. There are enough sharp edges on this watch to fray one's shirt cuffs.

It's a super slim hand wind, with a Peseux 7001 in it.