Likes Likes:  81
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Origin: Canada. A gift from Canadian Straps (KC)

Cool Origin: Canada. A gift from Canadian Straps (KC)

Today I suspended my vacancies and came home just to pick up a few things I needed. While there, the postman arrived with a package for me to sign. Origin: Canada.

Let's go back to July. My pic won the June's photo contest and I received a mail from KC(Canadian Straps): I could choose pretty much any strap (type, leather,dimensions) available and have it customized. I went for what KC probably considers the basic of the basics; not exactly a challenge for him. Now, KC seems a very nice guy and I'm sure he would gladly present a highly complicated product if that was my desire. But it wasn't. I just wanted a discrete black strap for my Speedmaster Pro. Nothing fancy.

And, as I'm sure you're already guessed, the strap arrived today. I immediately sent an e-mail to KC; the strap looked great, but I had to go back to where my family was. So, the pics would have to wait until next weekend, when I intend to return home.

But somehow, this didn't seem right. To post today was the least I could do to thank KC for his generosity and kindness.

The pics were taken a bit in a hurry and for that I apologize.

Thanks IWLfor the opportunity and thank you very much KC (Canadian Straps) for making this possible.

Cheers
    C

Here it is:

Name:  P9010001.JPG
Views: 95
Size:  368.7 KB

such a cool detail:

Name:  P9010002.JPG
Views: 96
Size:  245.9 KB

Name:  P9010003.JPG
Views: 95
Size:  196.5 KB
    Last edited by CFR; Sep 1, 2015 at 05:40 PM.

The strap looks great, but how does it look on the Speedy?
    Name:  P9010004.JPG
Views: 85
Size:  377.7 KB

Name:  P9010007.JPG
Size:  175.0 KB

Name:  P9010010.JPG
Size:  371.8 KB

Name:  P9010006.JPG
Views: 83
Size:  323.0 KB

There are members here that know much more about straps them I do. Iyonk, shameless, watchdaddy1 and Chase (to name just a few) would have a more credible opinion. But here are my impressions: the pics are not good enough to show the quality of this strap, the attention to the detail or the comfort on the wrist. It is great. It doesn't look too vintage or too modern; it just looks balanced. It's flexible and it fits my wrist perfectly.

Name:  P9010012.JPG
Views: 83
Size:  387.6 KB

pure comfort...
    Last edited by CFR; Sep 1, 2015 at 05:58 PM.

Nice timing!
    As for the strap - Wow!- i like that stitch at the end and "IWL 6.15" is just priceless!
    And it does look vey nice on Speedy!

"Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of travelling." Margaret Lee Runbeck.

4. Likes CFR liked this post
    And if you think it only works on the Speedy...please, think again

Name:  P9010021.JPG
Views: 82
Size:  335.2 KB

Thanks again, Canadian Straps!

EDIT: now, back to an extended absence
    Last edited by CFR; Sep 1, 2015 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackNomad View Post
    Nice timing!
    As for the strap - Wow!- i like that stitch at the end and "IWL 6.15" is just priceless!
    And it does look vey nice on Speedy!
    Thank you, I think the "IWL 6.15" is really cool.

7. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    Magnificent!... that's beyond gorgeous! wow!
    there's something about simple stitch strap that's just so flexible and timeless... and that my friend-- that show how the pro done it! SUPERB Job KC!

thanks for showing the lovely pictorial C! I smile so BIG and happy to see those lovely combo! once again.. Wow!

9. Likes CFR liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyonk View Post
    Magnificent!... that's beyond gorgeous! wow!
    there's something about simple stitch strap that's just so flexible and timeless... and that my friend-- that show how the pro done it! SUPERB Job KC!

thanks for showing the lovely pictorial C! I smile so BIG and happy to see those lovely combo! once again.. Wow!
    I'm not sure your straps didn't influence my choice......and no, I'm not kidding.

11. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    I'm not sure your straps didn't influence my choice......and no, I'm not kidding.
    Hahaha! thank you C! and I'm so happy to see how lovely that style of strap in your collection! and the look AWESOME!
    as a hobbyist strap maker, i can see the level of quality of that strap and can appreciate the beautiful workmanship... making a good strap is not easy, and you get yourself a true keeper there..

only one more problem ... you're gonna rotate that lovely strap to your other beautiful watches because you're wonder how it look on your other watch!
    i can predict some more of that style of strap incoming in the future!

now you can understand how i made so many selfmade strap for each of my watch...

13. Likes JAGtime, CFR liked this post
    I love the small touches on that strap like stamping and the roller buckle and hardware.

Do any strap makers know where to find roller buckles?
    Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum

15. Likes CFR liked this post
    Enjoy! I think it looks great on the Speedy, and it's no slouch on the GMT either! I went for a more casual look, using the sewn-in roller buckle and metal keeper, so I'm elated that you're wearing it on sports watches.

Congrats again on winning the photo contest: you've earned it. And yes, whil I do make all kinds of 'complicated' straps, that one was just as much fun to make as it is to wear.

The leather is of impeccable quality, you'll have it forever!

Cheers,
    It is now my duty to completely drain you.

17. Likes JAGtime, CFR, iyonk, geoffbot, wschofield3, Nokie liked this post