Likes Likes:  81
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: # hands = 3...2...1 Show us your 1-handed watches!

# hands = 3...2...1 Show us your 1-handed watches!

All you really need is ONE hand!

Name:  Luch14May2015.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  63.8 KB

Currently searching for:

*one hand
    *24 hour
    *0/24 at 6
    *automatic (missed it by *that* much!)

Anyone who produces one with a date window will be shot at sunrise...
    La lutte elle-mme vers les sommets suffit remplir un cur d'homme; il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux.

I had one of those Luches and was amazed at how easy it was to tell the time well enough for everyday use with it. A Meistersinger is on my mini grail list.
    This isn't the one I'd get (too big, at 40mm) but I love the way they've done a day/date complication.
    Apeks | Archimede | Breitling | Bulova | Cabot Watch Company | Casio | Daniel Wellington | Davosa | Glycine | G-Shock | Hamilton | Nomos | Omega | Rolex | Seiko | Slow | Swatch | Timex | Vostok

Not particularly fond of two-handers, but really like the simplicity of one-handers. Can't really explain why. Guess it's the novelty of the one-hander making up for what I feel is a lack of movement on the two-hander. As I said can't explain my thinking.

Only have the one, but as wmw, a Meistersinger is on the list

My Alpha Sundial

Like wmw, I like the MeisterSinger date wheel. Pretty sure OrangeSport does, too.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    And here I was, thinking I knew how to read an analogue watch. They are striking to look at for how simple they look, but it doesn't feel like there are enough markers to read the watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    And here I was, thinking I knew how to read an analogue watch. They are striking to look at for how simple they look, but it doesn't feel like there are enough markers to read the watches.
    It's not about knowing the precise time with a one-hander (although properly set and with practice you can read it pretty darn close). It's more of a laissez faire attitude towards time. Oddly enough, my wife loves my Meistersinger. She actually borrowed it for a few days when she needed a watch. She says that the single hand just makes sense to her brain, maybe it's just the linear concept of time and the single point marching forward in it. Who knows, I just know if/when she starts working again and needs a watch a Neo Q will probably wind up in our household.

Oh yea, here's a pic...

My one hander gets worn quite a bit but I need a new strap for it. It is a modified Luch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum

8. Likes meijlinder, OrangeSport liked this post
    Dammit, this thread has got me searching for one handed watches on eBay.
    Found this one, love the style, not so sure about the name (although I suppose it is appropriate)
    Apeks | Archimede | Breitling | Bulova | Cabot Watch Company | Casio | Daniel Wellington | Davosa | Glycine | G-Shock | Hamilton | Nomos | Omega | Rolex | Seiko | Slow | Swatch | Timex | Vostok

10. Likes OhDark30, OrangeSport liked this post
    If I was going to buy another or replace the Luch, the Azimuth Back in Time would be my top choice.

Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum

12. Likes OrangeSport liked this post
    Pretty fond of my little Neo, even though it has a date window.

Last edited by Henry Krinkle; Sep 2, 2015 at 06:20 PM.