Likes Likes:  30
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Completely nonsensical design choices

I remember seeing plenty over the years but can't remember them...
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by meijlinder View Post
    I dislike many date windows, but this might be the worst I've seen. Why, why, why

I quite like it
    Name:  tumblr_luy0wk6mbS1qg1lsq.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  32.3 KB

3. Likes tribe125, Donf liked this post
    These seem pretty useless

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  58.9 KB

A good old way to spend loads to lose functionality.
    G-Shock: GW3000B-1A
    Rolex: Submariner 14060M
    Accurist: 1961 Shockmaster (Gold) & 1965 Shockmaster (Steel)
    Omega: Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00
    Meistersinger: Perigraph AM1002
    Ben Sherman: S489.OOBS
    Rotary: 1990 Quartz (Gold)
    Steinhart: Ocean GMT 39mm
    Certina: DS Super PH500M & DS PH200M
    Timex: MKI Mechanical

5. Likes Donf, Col Angus, geoffbot, Ryan liked this post
    Well, here we have a dive bezel without ant numerals - somehow this seems odd for a 1000 meter watch.

Also, in a 2 for the price of one ulgy/useless design - Crown guards offer many opportunities for the tastefully challenged to indulge their whims but this one seems wrong on so many points.
    Why larger than the crown?
    Why combine a bolt on guard with a protruding case design?
    Why would the want to even protect a crown that looks like a poor post-service replacement?
    Why add those things to a watch that is already 47mm? To increase wrist presence?

Quote Originally Posted by Donf View Post
    Well, here we have a dive bezel without ant numerals - somehow this seems odd for a 1000 meter watch.

Also, in a 2 for the price of one ulgy/useless design - Crown guards offer many opportunities for the tastefully challenged to indulge their whims but this one seems wrong on so many points.
    Why would the want to even protect a crown that looks like a poor post-service replacement?
    Why add those things to a watch that is already 47mm? To increase wrist presence?
    The answers are:

1. 'Cause it looks so cool.
    2. See point 1.
    3. In case you replace it with a crown that looks better and needs protecting.
    4. Yes.

8. Likes geoffbot, whatmeworry liked this post

"Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of travelling." Margaret Lee Runbeck.

10. Likes Donf, Col Angus, Ryan, whatmeworry liked this post
    Threads like these, I always think of this Amilton. They're a brand that I like, but i can't believe this made it past the cocktail napkin stage. I mean, if you want to zap one of the 7750 subdials, nix the running seconds!

It is now my duty to completely drain you.

Threads like these, I always think of this Amilton. They're a brand that I like, but i can't believe this made it past the cocktail napkin stage. I mean, if you want to zap one of the 7750 subdials, nix the running seconds!

It is now my duty to completely drain you.

Quote Originally Posted by meijlinder View Post
    I dislike many date windows, but this might be the worst I've seen. Why, why, why

Actually I was thinking time is a secondary function on this watch. Date is the primary function?
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

Quote Originally Posted by Donf View Post

Add blue second and blue pip for complete invisibility in blue water. I actually had a Fondale years ago, but it was quite different from this.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!