Likes Likes:  33
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The breeze; random non-Rado chat thread

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    Off on a little holiday to the province next door. My best mate is turning 60. I will eat some Alberta beef and probably drink more than a bit of Alberta beer. I may well miss Funky Friday.
    Miss Funky Friday!!!!? Oh alright then....just this once though. Happy 60th to your friend, hope you all have a blast.

Have fun Henry and enjoy yourself.
    Best wishes to you and your wife, stay safe,
    Peter

A Favre-Leuba spooted recently

I saw one of these advertised on IG and thought it looks lovely, but am concerned that the date is unreadable (40 mm case, so...maybe a 2 or 3 mm date width?) and there is VERY LOW contrast among the dial, marker and hands coloring, although perhaps the lume diminishes that effect. It seems quite flawed as a functional timepiece, but is an appealing adornment. I write this mainly as a critiquing exercise, I don't have any intention to buy one. Your thoughts are welcome...

Name:  favre-leuba-chief-date-00-10203-08-31-44.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  53.4 KB

4. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    Savagely Average
    Quote Originally Posted by watch carefully View Post
    I saw one of these advertised on IG and thought it looks lovely, but am concerned that the date is unreadable (40 mm case, so...maybe a 2 or 3 mm date width?) and there is VERY LOW contrast among the dial, marker and hands coloring, although perhaps the lume diminishes that effect. It seems quite flawed as a functional timepiece, but is an appealing adornment. I write this mainly as a critiquing exercise, I don't have any intention to buy one. Your thoughts are welcome...

Name:  favre-leuba-chief-date-00-10203-08-31-44.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  53.4 KB
    Agreed, it could potentially be a low legibility watch, especially if the light is unfavorable

The date is miniscule

Oooh non rado. I can do this. I'm drunk, anyone else?
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

7. Likes Mediocre, watch carefully liked this post
    I wanted to share something with my friends here:...
    A few weeks ago I was chatting with some jazz musicians I know about playing a standard jazz tune and a Steely Dan tune, which share the same bass riff. The bassist wrote up charts and we all tried it out a couple nights later, with no rehearsal! I had the easy part, having listened to and sung along with this tune for decades...but it was the first time I sang it without backing vocals.

Here is the second half of that medley--Rikki Don't Lose That Number:
    https://youtu.be/TLCllzM84q0?si=9bsjqd_WN6b2PfH5

I hope you enjoy, comments welcome (here &/or on YouTube). Thanks for your time!
    Brad

PS. Can you name the jazz tune that preceded it?
    Last edited by watch carefully; Mar 18, 2024 at 06:26 PM.

9. Likes Mediocre, scottjc liked this post
    Savagely Average
    A few weeks ago I was chatting with some jazz musicians I know about playing a standard jazz tune and a Steely Dan tune, which share the same bass riff. The bassist wrote up charts and we all tried it out a couple nights later, with no rehearsal! I had the easy part, having listened to and sung along with this tune for decades...but it was the first time I sang it without backing vocals.

I hope you enjoy, comments welcome (here &/or on YouTube). Thanks for your time!
    Brad

Good stuff, sounds like a good time also!

11. Likes scottjc liked this post

Brad

Great job Brad, not an easy song to do without backing vocals.

13. Likes Mediocre liked this post

Brad

Good work, fella.
    Sounds nice.

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk
    If the supply of ETA movement parts affects you please complete this survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/swiss_watches

15. Likes Mediocre liked this post