Likes Likes:  31
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rado Forum Suggestions Box

Rado Forum Suggestions Box

Any ideas members have for features/ threads to be included in this forum.

2. Likes Henry Krinkle, Mediocre liked this post
    I think we could have a thread for members to post data from their vintage Rados i.e. "IWL members Vintage Rado Data thread" The reason being , I think we can rely upon Rado to have pretty accurate data for watches from probably the mid 80's onwards, prior to that there are often holes.

Suggest data should be: Model name, Ref#, case#, movement brand/ cal, Rado cal and a photo, of the movement as well where possible. Once we get enough data, it can be compiled into model or type (i.e. Alpine etc.) based spreadsheets.
    Last edited by Tim.; Oct 8, 2021 at 08:52 AM.

4. Likes Mediocre, Henry Krinkle liked this post
    It might be worth collecting data for any models, not just vintage.
    I remember contacting Rado when I got my skeleton chronometer and the information they gave me has been shared with at least two other collectors.
    This would be a good place to direct anyone with similar queries.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
    If the supply of ETA movement parts affects you please complete this survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/swiss_watches

6. Likes Tim., Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by scottjc View Post
    I remember contacting Rado when I got my skeleton chronometer and the information they gave me has been shared with at least two other collectors.

Yes, of course, good idea and why not? Time marches on after all and, if we want to be a primary source for Rado information then , let's be that! When I think back to some of the journeys we've been on, trying to find and puzzle out the things we now know, we'd have been so grateful to find that someone had documented some information, closer to the time of production.
    Last edited by Tim.; Oct 8, 2021 at 09:06 AM.

8. Likes scottjc liked this post
    Note to us: Is there some way, perhaps in conjunction with Brad, that we can transplant a copy of that 56-H thread across to here? Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by scottjc View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tim. View Post
    Yes, of course, good idea and why not? Time marches on after all and, if we want to be a primary source for Rado information then , let's be that! When I think back to some of the journeys we've been on, trying to find and puzzle out the things we now know, we'd have been so grateful to find that someone had documented some information, closer to the time of production.
    I endorse this.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

11. Likes scottjc liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim. View Post
    Note to us: Is there some way, perhaps in conjunction with Brad, that we can transplant a copy of that 56-H thread across to here? Thoughts?
    I've reached out to Brad about various possibilities regarding this. He will post a new thread about the 56-Hs and that other Mido Commander style chronometer sometime next week.At the very least it will include a link to his article over at the NAWCC.
    Last edited by Henry Krinkle; Oct 8, 2021 at 07:15 PM.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

13. Likes scottjc liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    I've reached out to Brad about various possibilities regarding this. He will post a new thread about the 56-Hs and that other Mido Commander style chronometer sometime next week.At the very least it will include a link to his article over at the NAWCC.
    Hey guys, I found it! (https://www.equationoftime.com/forum...ometer-arrives), do you think we could include this in the new thread, just screen shot it and paste it here, I mean, basically Brad and I wrote it and, did all the research right? I think we'd probably name it the "Discovery of the 56-H" or something of that nature and, perhaps Brad could write a pre-amble to it, if he thinks it's okay to proceed. I just think it was a pretty exciting moment among the many elusive Rado mysteries we've pursued and, it would be good to have a record of it here with us.
    Last edited by Tim.; Oct 9, 2021 at 09:21 AM.

is this for any one to add suggestions ?

if so ?

I do love a good rado and special beat up vintage ones BUT not fully up on models and the like so ..

so would love to see a in deep thread on voyager models yeah I know not well like by rado guys yeah I know franked to hell etc etc ..thats the thing would like to be able to read some thing with pics giving you chance at least when buying something at least 90% original

that could maybe go for other in same sorta look and general feeling on rado forums the ones not so keenly liked as a rule should still maybe shown to the fullest extent too ?
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    is this for any one to add suggestions ?

if so ?

I do love a good rado and special beat up vintage ones BUT not fully up on models and the like so ..

so would love to see a in deep thread on voyager models yeah I know not well like by rado guys yeah I know franked to hell etc etc ..thats the thing would like to be able to read some thing with pics giving you chance at least when buying something at least 90% original

that could maybe go for other in same sorta look and general feeling on rado forums the ones not so keenly liked as a rule should still maybe shown to the fullest extent too ?
    Definitely , I know Henry is a fan of early Voyagers, although he is yet to find one to his liking, I think Scott has an early one in fairly good nick although, I'm not 100% certain. In any case here's a start, this is a Ref# 11814/1, case# 46110930. I'm not gonna open the case right now to check the mvt as I'm 4 beers deep and about to watch F1 qually, I think the /1 will mean it's an early ETA version so , post '68. I will do it for you tomorrow though and photograph the mvt.

DSC_0138 by Tim. Cal, on Flickr
    Last edited by Tim.; Oct 9, 2021 at 10:33 AM.

17. Likes is that my watch, scottjc liked this post