Likes Likes:  31
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rado Forum Suggestions Box

Quote Originally Posted by Tim. View Post
    Definitely , I know Henry is a fan of early Voyagers, although he is yet to find one to his liking, I think Scott has an early one in fairly good nick although, I'm not 100% certain. In any case here's a start this is a Ref# 11814/1, case# 46110930. I'm not gonna open the case right now to check the mvt as I'm 4 beers deep and about to watch F1 qually, I think the /1 will mean it's an early ETA version so , post '68. I will do it for you tomorrow though and photograph the mvt.

DSC_0138 by Tim. Cal, on Flickr
    like henry not found the exact one to my liking in the condition I would accept ..but that is deffo a nice contender
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

have done over the years random rado type threads in central ..if any can be used here by all mean move them across if not might give ideas on better present but same sorta themes ones
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

3. Likes Tim. liked this post
    My Voyager.
    Unfortunately I can't give any detailed data at the moment as it is currently locked away with the rest of my collection.
    Voyagers and Companions have a bad name due, mainly, to our friends in India cannibalising them and refinishing them in a way that Rado would never have done.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
    If the supply of ETA movement parts affects you please complete this survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/swiss_watches

5. Likes Tim. liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by scottjc View Post
    My Voyager.
    Unfortunately I can't give any detailed data at the moment as it is currently locked away with the rest of my collection.
    Voyagers and Companions have a bad name due, mainly, to our friends in India cannibalising them and refinishing them in a way that Rado would never have done.

yes thats sorta my point because of the franked side of things Voyagers and Companions at the top of the list theirs probably other models too but these two mainly it's hard to know which are which so on the Russian forum theirs a book with most models from date x to date y say ..

I know theirs no such info like that apart from those who have tried to track down what info was a round and tried to combine it so be kinda cool ..if you could have a thread that does that with these models a unclutter all fact version ....to those not up on rado their was a fire that destroy most of the records .. so it was down to various forums and info on the web that a history was restore ...so not unheard of to find models little know of ..so when the franks come a long it muddy's the water even more you see .

so yes dedicated threads on all various models might be good
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

7. Likes Tim. liked this post
    I’m not sure where you guys source your information (and I’m aware that RADO doesn’t have much of an archive), but are there catalogues that you could upload?

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    I’m not sure where you guys source your information (and I’m aware that RADO doesn’t have much of an archive), but are there catalogues that you could upload?
    Over the years we've found vintage adverts, etc that have provided much of our information. Sadly it appears that most of this information has been lost from our previous home.
    There is one member that owns a set of vintage Japanese catalogues but I'm not sure if he's in a position to digitise them.

Over the years we've found vintage adverts, etc that have provided much of our information. Sadly it appears that most of this information has been lost from our previous home.
    There is one member that owns a set of vintage Japanese catalogues but I'm not sure if he's in a position to digitise them.

maybe we can all learn from that I am starting to keep hard copys of threads and pics for the thread so if I need to re-up for what ever reason I got one I can almost cut and paste in to a thread
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

In a fit of generosity, I just tried to buy this as a donation to the new forum, but he won’t ship to the UK.

Name:  3F12926F-1593-4F6C-A7C4-0786412F916C.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  52.1 KB

By the way, see my signature.

By the way, see my signature.
    Boo! It took so long to get you there...

13. Likes tribe125 liked this post
    In a fit of generosity, I just tried to buy this as a donation to the new forum, but he won’t ship to the UK.

Name:  3F12926F-1593-4F6C-A7C4-0786412F916C.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  52.1 KB

Surely we have a Mericun or two that would act as middleman...?