Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the weirdest business you have ever seen?

What is the weirdest business you have ever seen?

I just saw a website were you pay them and they send a box of excrement to whoever you want. You just select the type of animal, give an address, select the packaging and pay. Then they care of it and send it anonymously. That's so weird it's almost a great idea! Can't post it here, but in case you are wondering it's the S word followed by express.com

I love that they have this in the terms of service: "
    liability to the customer is limited to the price of the product. "

Not particularly weird, but as an investor, I am often approached by companies with interesting business ideas.

A recent example that I found intriguing: http://www.sixfoods.com/

4. Likes bolaberlim liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by M. Montaigne View Post
    Not particularly weird, but as an investor, I am often approached by companies with interesting business ideas.

A recent example that I found intriguing: http://www.sixfoods.com/
    Interesting indeed. Never had anything made with cricket flour that I know of. I did try roasted giant ants, and they weren't bad.

Blog Entries
    eBay stores. Paying someone to list your items on eBay. Insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    eBay stores. Paying someone to list your items on eBay. Insane.
    But I can understand that. Sellers might not be tech savvy or might not have credit or access to banking, and ebay demands paypal be accepted as means of payment, at least here.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bolaberlim View Post
    But I can understand that. Sellers might not be tech savvy or might not have credit or access to banking, and ebay demands paypal be accepted as means of payment, at least here.
    These stores died out years ago, around the time the smartphone really started to get a hold in the market. I think you're right that it was a lack of sophistication among potential sellers that drove them into existence. But I wonder who didn't have a kid/niece/nephew/grandkid/neighbor who wouldn't spend a few minutes to help them out and if there were so many of those cases that it would justify the stores' existence.

I got worms.

That's what they called it...
    It is now my duty to completely drain you.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    These stores died out years ago, around the time the smartphone really started to get a hold in the market. I think you're right that it was a lack of sophistication among potential sellers that drove them into existence. But I wonder who didn't have a kid/niece/nephew/grandkid/neighbor who wouldn't spend a few minutes to help them out and if there were so many of those cases that it would justify the stores' existence.

I wonder if they could even exist now, even if people would use them. With the potential of 180 SNAD claims now it seems like a business model with a lot of risk.

Blog Entries
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  63.6 KB
    Слава Україні! 🇺🇦

12. Likes Raza liked this post