Likes Likes:  6

Thread: Another A-611 to add to the collection

Another A-611 to add to the collection

Number dials can be difficult to find. As far as I can tell, all of its parts could be seen in an A-611, but Iím not sure about the second hand.

The date code is 6311H, but the H might be a misstamped B.
    My collection of Vintage Chinese Mechanicals can be seen at myvcms.com

2. Likes Strela167, meijlinder, HKEd liked this post
    Very nice! Love that dial, patina and all.
    The movement is very clean, could it be a replacement?

4. Likes saskwatch liked this post
    I like it.

Sent from Galaxy S6 Edge using Tapalalk
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

6. Likes saskwatch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Very nice! Love that dial, patina and all.
    The movement is very clean, could it be a replacement?
    Thanks!

The short answer to your question is I don't know.

The long answer: the watch is old, and it's entirely possible that one or more of its parts were replaced in the last 50+ years. Older Shanghai watches are popular enough with collectors that it could even be an agglomeration of parts from a number of different watches. The provenance of most old Chinese watches is unknown, so the best I can do is try to find examples that have parts normally used in original models. Joel Chan's Micmicmor is a very helpful resource.
    Last edited by saskwatch; Sep 4, 2015 at 04:36 PM.
    My collection of Vintage Chinese Mechanicals can be seen at myvcms.com

You're right. Being a product that usually has been thoroughly used, most VCM's have been repaired at some point. I own a seagull with a ZSH movement, probably thrown in there at some point as it was available. I bought it before they became as popular as they are now, so I guess it's not a deliberate franken.
    Yours is at minimum one with authentic parts, which cannot be said for many that's on the market now, so once again, great find and worthy addition to the collection!

9. Likes saskwatch liked this post